4.0 for my 03 cobra has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

HouseOfPower

It's not about needing it. Its about building something different and wanting it. I'm sure a 3.4L would do the trick and 800+rwhp all day long but I think Matt wants more then just 800rwhp. I think he is tired of getting beat by all the turbo cars and needed a bigger stick to swing. With the motor he is building even though it is stock CI. It should be able to handle the boost and make some crazy hp. I see this motor making over a 1000rwhp when turned up with this blower which no one has broke pass the 1k rwhp marker with a blower yet. Good luck on the build Matt. It looks like I'll be getting that 88mm before too long now. lol

that's exactly my point though. Why do people assume because the blower CAN make more boost that it WILL? There is no way you'll be able to get that thing into, let alone PAST it's efficiency zone with a stock cubed motor NO WAY. I will be the first to say it will not be anywhere close to 1000 RWHP without the addition of another power adder. It's nearly the same as having a 90mm turbo on a 281. Yeah it can push 35lbs easily but the motor will never force it to do so. I think the blower is super cool but I think it's ass backwards to put it on a stock cubed motor. prove me wrong

It's already been done. Sorry.

this

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
that's exactly my point though. Why do people assume because the blower CAN make more boost that it WILL? There is no way you'll be able to get that thing into, let alone PAST it's efficiency zone with a stock cubed motor NO WAY. I will be the first to say it will not be anywhere close to 1000 RWHP without the addition of another power adder. It's nearly the same as having a 90mm turbo on a 281. Yeah it can push 35lbs easily but the motor will never force it to do so. I think the blower is super cool but I think it's ass backwards to put it on a stock cubed motor. prove me wrong

this

I think it will be close if not over 1k rwhp when turned up. And whats wrong with putting big turbo's on a 281? They make great power. There are 4.6's out there with 100+mm turbos on them and they seem to run great, like 7's in the 1/4 mile.

Really? How has one I have never seen an 03-04 Cobra with a blower making 1k rwhp or higher. I'd like to see the setup.

forcefed03

9tmare
Established Member
Lmao. It's me in the pic, not matt and that is a 3.4 I was holding up. I am a monster so you got me. It's the damn Internet so I don't take any offense to anything said so carry on:banana:
I love this

and i love this

Also for the OP, great choice, i would have done the same! If you have the money and the attitude to go big then do it! nice job bro!

endless381

Established Member
Thats kinda ****ed up man...

I dont see anything wrong with what he said:??: I know when people was calling me fat that motivated my fatass to get back into the gym an slim up:coolman:

a guy that size can get slim if he trys.....
[ame="http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126397703"]My 29 month Journey - Bodybuilding.com Forums[/ame]
sorry for the thread jack.....

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Sweet blower but i'll post the same sentance I've posted in several threads lately:

A rotating assembly is much cheaper than an entire engine once you grenade the one you have.

Say the car does make 1000rwhp.. consider how much more internal power the engine is actually being forced to make compared to a 1000rwhp turbo car... ( think about power being used to turn the blower)

It sure is gonna look cool though lol

Last edited:

HouseOfPower

Sweet blower but i'll post the same sentance I've posted in several threads lately:

A rotating assembly is much cheaper than an entire engine once you grenade the one you have.

Say the car does make 1000rwhp.. consider how much more internal power the engine is actually being forced to make compared to a 1000rwhp turbo car... ( think about power being used to turn the blower)

It sure is gonna look cool though lol

it won't make a 1000. IF by some miracle of God that stock displacement motor can force that huge blower into it's efficiency range and it does make that number I'll reflect back here and gladly eat crow. It's more of a conversation piece than a sensible modification IMO. Not hating either. It's a bad ass blower for sure

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
how much boost?

FYI - I was told ( i can't recall who said so) that the 4.0 can take as much as 200hp to spin it.

Matt 347

Established Member
how much boost?

FYI - I was told ( i can't recall who said so) that the 4.0 can take as much as 200hp to spin it.
I'm not to sure how much boost where going to try yet. I'm working with Metco Motorsports right now trying to develop a 4# lower pulley using the stock cage. I think it dose take 180-200hp to turn that big boy..

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
Nope.

Its just for bragging rights.

I have. track my build i never updated it completley but end numbers were 865hp on e85 and 910hp on C16 at 28lbs of boost.

and to clear the air on some things posted it takes 245hp to turn a whipple 3.4 at 25lbs of boost. so relative my car was making 1050hp or so at the flywheel with a parasitic loss of over 250hp.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
So what you gonna run for fuel? infants, small animals, or sotin else? lol
Good god that's a big friggen SC!

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
I've seen 3.4s cracking blocks when pushed hard. I cant imaging how would the iron block or a Tecksid hold w a 4.0. Looks sick tho!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I have. track my build i never updated it completley but end numbers were 865hp on e85 and 910hp on C16 at 28lbs of boost.

and to clear the air on some things posted it takes 245hp to turn a whipple 3.4 at 25lbs of boost. so relative my car was making 1050hp or so at the flywheel with a parasitic loss of over 250hp.

Neato.

Doesnt Esqueddy who owns the landspeed record for the 03/04 still have just a 3.4L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread