5-lug conversion question

fivestangs

Established Member
So, I'm finally getting around to doing the 5-lug conversion on my Cobra. I bought a set of the 5-lug repro wheels and I am going to do the 13" pbr front brake upgrade at the same time.

Got a simple question....I currently have stainless steel brake lines up front...can I reuse them on the pbr calipers or do I have to get new lines?

Thanks
Mark

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
You can reuse them.

Also, depending on which caliper you use, you may need different banjo bolts. Certain PBR's are coarse thread, and others are fine thread. I don't remember which is which.

Last edited:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
You can reuse them.

Also, depending on which caliper you use, you may need different banjo bolts. Certain PBR's are coarse thread, and others are fine thread. I don't remember which is which.

if you have the stock calipers you need new brake lines. MM has a kit for the pbr to fox stock lines w/o any adapters.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
The flex lines are different. You can get a Weatherhead fitting #7828 to adapt the new passenger side brake line to the original hard line (drivers side dosen't need an adapter) or as mentioned above get stainless steel lines from MM and not need the adapter.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'm pretty sure his stainless brake lines that he already has on the car will bolt right onto the PBR calipers.

fivestangs

Established Member
I'm pretty sure his stainless brake lines that he already has on the car will bolt right onto the PBR calipers.

....that's what I was hoping for... basically, is the inside diameter of the fitting at the caliper with the lines I already have for my stock calipers close to the size of the fitting that would be on lines that would be application correct for the PBR calipers ? ...does that even make sense :??: :kaboom:

po-po 5.0

Established Member
....that's what I was hoping for... basically, is the inside diameter of the fitting at the caliper with the lines I already have for my stock calipers close to the size of the fitting that would be on lines that would be application correct for the PBR calipers ? ...does that even make sense :??: :kaboom:

No. The connection at the caliper end for a stock foxbody caliper is different than one for any of the SN95 calipers. You will need new lines. However, you can't just order SN95 cobra lines. Ford used a different size fitting on SN95 mustangs on the passenger side whereas they were the same size on a fox. You will need to either put a different fitting on the hardline, get an adapter, or order lines spefically built for the pbr-in-a-fox application.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
fivestangs, what does the end of your line where it attaches to the caliper look like? Is it round? If it is, it should bolt right up. If it's square it'll bolt up with slight modification.

I used the stock 93 lines when I switched to the 03 cobra 10th anny calipers and all I had to do was grind off the "lip" that was on the end of the line. Nothing else.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
yes, stock sn95 cobra lines will need different banjo bolts on the line/caliper which differ from regular sn95 lines.(iirc) I was going to use stock sn95 cobra lines with said adapter on passenger side, but for some reason the adapter wouldn't work(had correct part#). this was about 3 years ago. I just ordered MM pbr to fox SS lines. you can sell your SS lines to make up the difference. my fox knowledge is not what is used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread