50/50 water methanol vs 50/50 water isopropyl?

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
As most of you know I’ve had a water meth kit installed for well over 10 years and did a 2 nozzle set up one pre blower and one post rotors under the kenne bell car made 520 rwhp. I read that isopropyl alcohol is even better at cooling the charge over methanol and has the same octane rating so it shouldn’t change anything over the methanol I’m spraying 1000 ml total. Any thoughts on trying the iso over the meth?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

robvas

Established Member
The Buick guys were known for this weren't they?

I had a car that used meth but never tried it. It obviously can work but I remember Rodney from AIS saying the octane was not as high or the cooling effect not as great, compared to meth

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I would like to see if the cooling works as good there was a guy on modular forums who did a write up about iso cooling better wish I had more data

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mlackke

Established Member
I read that isopropyl alcohol is even better at cooling the charge over methanol and has the same octane rating so it shouldn’t change anything
I wonder is alcohol cooling effect so much better that it would give actual benefit. I mean if it lowers temps couple degrees , but..eg costs lot more or there is other compilations?

I guess there is reason why water/meth is recommend as default for spraying.

Users who are viewing this thread