52 in a 45?

Scottman

Established Member
Hey guys...i was just commin over a hill on my favorite twisty road near my house and i just clicked the 2-3 up-shift and I hit 52 and I saw a cop come over the hill going the other way so we were commin right at eachother. The cop flashed his/her high beams at me. I was reeeaaalll afraid of getting a ticket for friggin 7 over so I went into a near by neighborhood to chill for a minute. My question is just because the cop flashed his/her beams at me does that mean that they were gonna turn around and give a ticket? Don't you think 7 over is little slow for a turnaround? :shrug: :bash: :nono:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I've had the happend before, and my take on it, its a "Hey buddy slow down" type warning.

Ginsu

Established Member
All that was was a warning. Now if he had turned around on you and kept sight as you went to chill out for a minute, that is considered evading which as far as I know in all states is arrestable offense and in Georgia say bye bye license. Just something to think about.... :punch:

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Flashing

I've had that happen to me before too. Once I was playing with a Dodge Stealth R/T on MA 495 once. I had a car behind me, and he took off, so i started to reel him in, and all of a sudden the car behind me flashed his highs, i was thinking WTF? so i slowed and pulled into the left lane and about a minute later, a statey blows by me and flciks his lights on chasing the stealth, which by that time was about a 1/4 mile away. I got off at the next exit. The other time i was coming home on a backroad, and i think i had my highs on and just forgot, cause i wasn't speeding, and got flashed by a cop. It kinda freaked me out a little.

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
Originally posted by Ginsu
, that is considered evading which as far as I know in all states is arrestable offense and in Georgia say bye bye license. Just something to think about.... :punch:

that all depends on the situation

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by MayorofTrukvile

Is that your professional opinion?

In that instance that Ginsu describes it is evading!!!

Plain and Simple.

But thanks for your input.:uh oh:

Hulk

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Happened to me once, but i was flying about 88 in a 50 zone, had to hand some ricer his butt because he rode on my butt the entire way down a two way street. So anyway he flashed me, thank god there was a median between the both of us.:eek:

Ginsu

Established Member
Originally posted by MayorofTrukvile

True in some situations but what was described here it is evading and will stand up in any court. Scottman said it himself that he was afraid of getting a ticket so he went to chill out in a neighborhood. Get out of sight till the cop left the area (that is if he had turned around on him to make a stop for the speed.)

Users who are viewing this thread