63 Lincoln Continental Convertible+Terminator

drdvldog

Established Member
Glad to see you finally on the site!! Cant wait to ride in her when its done!

Come on, Brother! You finish welded those beams in there, you know you are n the short list of family that gets one of the first rides!!!

drdvldog

Established Member
Dang you're not messing around! that's some serious fabrication you got going on. Looks awesome! I've always wanted a Continental with the rear suicide doors. Those things are bad ass without the Terminator motor in it. Now you're making my new dream car....

Well, I always wanted a Cobra, but by the time I got the means, I was already infected with this idea!!!

drdvldog

Established Member
That is turning out to be a pretty amazing project! Thanks for sharing all of the details on the mounts, and front suspension setup, as that can be adaptable to other custom builds of this type.:beer:

I am a, "whatever I can do to help a fellow rodder" kind of guy. If my mistakes and fixes help you avoid some heartache in a project...then please take advantage! It makes us all better.

drdvldog

Established Member
Sbxcp.jpg

Hilarious!! So now I am gonna gave to leave the hood off, chrome the blower, and run a cogged belt to make sure I "keep it real"!!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
this thing sounds like its going to be a monster lincoln. cant wait to see some numbers and maybe a few street kills?

ViciousJay

Established Member
I guess im the only one who thinks youll need a twin screw to mov ethat fat bastard around.... love this build!!!!! but GET A TWINSCREW ON THAT SUCKER PRONTO :D

black 10th vert

Established Member
I guess im the only one who thinks youll need a twin screw to mov ethat fat bastard around.... love this build!!!!! but GET A TWINSCREW ON THAT SUCKER PRONTO :D

I agree with you on the twin screw, but he did mention several posts back that he was planning to do a turbo setup once it get's running, so that should move it around.;-)

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
My pappy said, "Son you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop driving that Hot Rod Lincoln" ~C. Ryan

flS/R

Established Member
I hate seeing such nice looking classics being taken apart but I can't wait to see this one once it is finished. I wish I had the fab skills like you have because I have wanted to swap a big engine into a 55 thunderbird. Definitely keep us all updated as you go along as this will be truly badass :)

drdvldog

Established Member

Ok, so isn't the eaton a twin screw?! It takes more then one lobe to compress the intake charge in a roots blower.

So, you guys are saying an upgraded blower would be better?:-D

drdvldog

Established Member
I hate seeing such nice looking classics being taken apart but I can't wait to see this one once it is finished. I wish I had the fab skills like you have because I have wanted to swap a big engine into a 55 thunderbird. Definitely keep us all updated as you go along as this will be truly badass :)

I hate seeing good cars chopped as well, but I got pissed at her one day when she was acting up and had a brainstorm that never let go! Now it's getting via inertia and a pretty drawing in my head! I can't wait to see her back in action either.

She is getting 4-linked this weekend, so I'll shoot pics and update soon!

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Ok, so isn't the eaton a twin screw?! It takes more then one lobe to compress the intake charge in a roots blower.

So, you guys are saying an upgraded blower would be better?:-D

Nope, Kenne Bell or Whipple are Twin Screw monsters. You might really want to consider over Turbo. Different power bands.

metaman

Established Member
You can make a lot of power with a ported stock blower. Depends on your goals. If you want to make that boat really move out then you might have to upgrade the blower.

I think that the blower that is going to be every ones new favorite upgrade is going to be the VMP Eaton TVS blower. It is the best of both worlds. It gives you the low end of the stock blower, and the high end charge of the twin screw blowers.

You can make over 600 hp at the tires with one of these blowers.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
you can get 500hp out of an eaton setup....and you guys think thats NOT enough to make the car haul ass? psssh. yes the car is heavy...but it isnt THAT heavy. Sure, a twin-screw blower would make it faster, and provide more power (for SEVERAL more thousands of dollars)....but then again....that is what they are supposed to do (when compared to an eaton). but i'd bet, that the at or near 500hp mark is more than enough to move that thing around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread