6r80 swap help

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
I am at the wiring stage and need help
I don't wanna change the ECU, I have the wiring harness for the tranny can I use the manual ECU?

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
So I can keep my manual ECU but would need to flash it for auto?
can I have a custom tune for it to work with my
auto tranny instead of dealer flashing it?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Don't think you can flash a manual ECU to auto. You can however do it the other way around.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I was told you need to purchase an auto ECU/PCM but a code needs to be specific for the model and creature features you have.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Yup. Was trying to help ya out Oct 6th when I sent ya a PM but didn't get a reply. Figured you worked it out.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
^ do you know of one that can do it? Every tuner I've spoken too informed me it cannot be done. You can go auto to manual but not manual to auto.

Granted I think with the same logic but I'm not an electrical genius by any means.

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
every website i go to that sells the power packs (ECU, harness) its all been manual there is no one that sells auto ecu's or what?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
That I wish I knew. I was informed that some cross referencing through Ford's "oasis" would be needed to figure out which auto ECM would need to be used in order to operate the specific mustang package you had as well as the auto trans itself.

Or something like that anyway. I am also looking into a swap so I'm looking for info myself.

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
The tranny is bolted up, everything fits it's just a couple wires that idk where they go and were to
Splice to. The car starts up and idles just havnt wired the harness for the tranny yet
Clutch pedal can stay, wires were bypassed

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I hate saying this without knowing for sure, but 'I heard' the auto pcm's have an extra chip in them.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
The tranny is bolted up, everything fits it's just a couple wires that idk where they go and were to
Splice to. The car starts up and idles just havnt wired the harness for the tranny yet
Clutch pedal can stay, wires were bypassed

Stock mount and driveshaft work? Do you by chance have the part numbers for the other stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread