6r80 swap is finished on my 2013!

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
Just one computer question, I keep getting this code 110d8 error while upload my tune from american muscle. Keep in mind the dealer has not yet used their IDS computer tool to reset the parameters on my ECU for the auto. Will the tune upload once the car is flashed from dealer?? It's so nerve racking Has anyone had this problem?? Will my tune upload after cars flashed or will the code keep getting thrown? The tune is for the new set up and auto ECU too

KPatrone

Established Member
What error is that? Mine kept saying vehicle ID mismatch, and AM told me to contact SCT. Well that did not happen and now I need a new block...

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Just one computer question, I keep getting this code 110d8 error while upload my tune from american muscle. Keep in mind the dealer has not yet used their IDS computer tool to reset the parameters on my ECU for the auto. Will the tune upload once the car is flashed from dealer?? It's so nerve racking Has anyone had this problem?? Will my tune upload after cars flashed or will the code keep getting thrown? The tune is for the new set up and auto ECU too

Hey OP - Sorry to hear about the trouble here. I spoke with the guys at Bama and here's what they had to say:

"We have actively been working with this customer (and others) and SCT regarding this specific issue with Roush templates, which is neither tune related nor an issue caused by Bama. It seems there is a template error in SCT’s software causing error codes and a failure to complete the flash – what this means is that if a specific parameter is changed within the SCT software (this could be due to injectors, cold air intake, etc) the SCT software does not write the changes to the proper address within the ECM. If we were to leave the file 100% unchanged the vehicle would flash fine (but not run due to invalid parameters for the added parts)
110D8 is an Acknowledgement Error code from the SCT device and caused by an SCT template error.
This is an unfortunate error that has caused some delays, which have been longer than normal due to the holidays. We ask that our customers be as patient as possible while we work with SCT to resolve this issue."

Should you wish to continue this conversation, a Bama rep would be happy to do so offline and I will PM you our Lead Calibrators direct contact info. Just let me know and I'm happy to have this set up for you.

What error is that? Mine kept saying vehicle ID mismatch, and AM told me to contact SCT. Well that did not happen and now I need a new block...

KPatone

Vehicle ID mismatch can occur when a PCM has been re-flashed by the dealer and a customer provides us with the PCM code and not the PCM strategy. The vehicle should not have flashed at this point or be in an operational sate. In an earlier post in this forum you stated you had a cluster/pcm from a parted out vehicle – without knowing when this happened or how it was installed, it could be the cause of a Vehicle ID mismatch. Please contact Bama Performance at 888.226.9764 to discuss any of these issues.

We do our best to troubleshoot all tuning, hardware and software issues internally; however, there are occasions that customers need to contact the manufacturer of the device to resolve these issues. It seems you were directed to contact SCT but state that did not happen. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to give Bama a call at 888.226.9764

Again, without knowing the specifics of your situation but looking into previous form posts it seems you had a #3 (and #8 issue) resulting in a motor failure.

At this point it is well known that Ford had a flaw in engine design, which was the root cause of the #8 issue; however, AM and Bama stand behind their tunes and do offer a warranty for issues such as this should you have felt it was a Bama tuning issue.

We wish you the best of luck with your re-build. If there is anything we can help you out with please do not hesitate to give us a call directly. Should you wish to continue this conversation, a Bama rep would be happy to do so offline and I will PM you our Lead Calibrators direct contact info.

Last edited:

KPatrone

Established Member
Hey OP - Sorry to hear about the trouble here. I spoke with the guys at Bama and here's what they had to say:

"We have actively been working with this customer (and others) and SCT regarding this specific issue with Roush templates, which is neither tune related nor an issue caused by Bama. It seems there is a template error in SCT’s software causing error codes and a failure to complete the flash – what this means is that if a specific parameter is changed within the SCT software (this could be due to injectors, cold air intake, etc) the SCT software does not write the changes to the proper address within the ECM. If we were to leave the file 100% unchanged the vehicle would flash fine (but not run due to invalid parameters for the added parts)
110D8 is an Acknowledgement Error code from the SCT device and caused by an SCT template error.
This is an unfortunate error that has caused some delays, which have been longer than normal due to the holidays. We ask that our customers be as patient as possible while we work with SCT to resolve this issue."

Should you wish to continue this conversation, a Bama rep would be happy to do so offline and I will PM you our Lead Calibrators direct contact info. Just let me know and I'm happy to have this set up for you.

KPatone

Vehicle ID mismatch can occur when a PCM has been re-flashed by the dealer and a customer provides us with the PCM code and not the PCM strategy. The vehicle should not have flashed at this point or be in an operational sate. In an earlier post in this forum you stated you had a cluster/pcm from a parted out vehicle – without knowing when this happened or how it was installed, it could be the cause of a Vehicle ID mismatch. Please contact Bama Performance at 888.226.9764 to discuss any of these issues.

We do our best to troubleshoot all tuning, hardware and software issues internally; however, there are occasions that customers need to contact the manufacturer of the device to resolve these issues. It seems you were directed to contact SCT but state that did not happen. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to give Bama a call at 888.226.9764

Again, without knowing the specifics of your situation but looking into previous form posts it seems you had a #3 (and #8 issue) resulting in a motor failure.

At this point it is well known that Ford had a flaw in engine design, which was the root cause of the #8 issue; however, AM and Bama stand behind their tunes and do offer a warranty for issues such as this should you have felt it was a Bama tuning issue.

We wish you the best of luck with your re-build. If there is anything we can help you out with please do not hesitate to give us a call directly. Should you wish to continue this conversation, a Bama rep would be happy to do so offline and I will PM you our Lead Calibrators direct contact info.
You are corect in your statements. I gave BAMA the new computer code, but was not aware of the strategy needing to be given (nor do i know how to locate that information). FORD was able to get the car to run and drive with the PCM swap, and I ran into trouble trying to load the new BAMA tune (updated the device, etc) but ran into the vehicle ID mismatch. BAMA directed me to SCT as stated, and I did not, as stated. I was not trying to say it was anyone's fault buy my own for not loading a proper tune on the vehicle and driving it with no cats and aftermarket cold air. I did feel, however, that after I sent pictures of the error code received that I was pushed to SCT pretty quickly. Not knowing what I was going to be asked, getting into, etc is why I did not follow BAMA reccomendation. Once again, my fault, no one elses.
I was just trying to inform the OP about the error code I received after doing the exact same swap on my vehicle so that he does not encounter the same expensive situation I did. I'm not all mad, I had an excuse to get a built motor. There is no kind of motivation than that of necessity.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Wow way too much to go through...

I swapped Trans and PCM. JBA Speed Shop used their IDS. Updated SCT tuner and got a new Lund tune uploaded. Boom.

Users who are viewing this thread