775 rwhp from a 3 vavle?

redsap05

Established Member
Kenne Bell has listed on their website a 2.8 mammoth kit for the 3 valve gt. The interesting thing is that it states "100% stock spec engine" right under it. Forgive me Iam wrong but wouldn't the engine internals need upgraded to put out this kind of power? I have been researchng building a s197 car. Iam looking for 650+ rwhp. I rode in a friends 03 cobra with the whipple on it making 620 rwhp hp on pump gas and I cant stop thinking about it. I can get a deal on prochargers, would that be a better option. Thanks

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
With a COMPLETELY STOCK (stock internals) GT 3V, it would be a matter of a couple WOT pulls if not the first one before the motor popped with that kind of power. I think it might be just a misleading statement where KB actually means with the stock bore and BLOCK it could handle it. I think they just have a crappy implication that this would be with forged internals. It has been proven over and over again that even with 500 rwhp on the STOCK 3V, you are playing with fire.

turbosaleen

Established Member
i make 865 from my three valve you have to remember when they stay stock they mean stock with the exception of a forged crank rods and pistons.. and they didnt change the compresion so with over 9-1 its gona make power with that much boost but its also gona take high octane race fuel for anything over 8 psi

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
i make 865 from my three valve you have to remember when they stay stock they mean stock with the exception of a forged crank rods and pistons.. and they didnt change the compresion so with over 9-1 its gona make power with that much boost but its also gona take high octane race fuel for anything over 8 psi

Have any pictures/videos of your setup?

redsap05

Established Member
Have any pictures/videos of your setup?

yea I was wondering the same thing. I have been thinking of geting a 05 or newer gt and using the aluminator short block with ported 3 valve heads and the kb. Hope fully I can get 650+whp.

Users who are viewing this thread