9.84 at 143.6 last night

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I've been running a lot of 9.90's this year and last night I finally got into the 80's. Still running with full weight, all interior, trailer hitch, etc. I was running the little pulley that makes 26 lbs of boost and Shell URT Advanced on this pass and I must say.....WOW. The DA was 1511 and i think with some good cold air at Bowling Green I can get a 9.6xx out of her. It is an absolute ball to drive on the road but you better have a clear path ahead when you spur it. All I have now is an incab view of the pass but a buddy of mine has a pretty good vid from the line. When he posts it on YouTube, I'll pin it here also. My 11 year old daughter got a vid from the bleachers but the kids was acting silly so I won't post that one up.

The slip:rolling:

9841slip.jpg

The vid

In-cab GoPro of Quade's GT500 9.841 at 143.6 on 14 Sept 2012 - YouTube

Coonsnake

Established Member
congrats, that was the exact same 1/8 mile time i had last week testing in Houston at an 1/8 mile track, maybe i can finally crack into the 9's at BG

Coonsnake

Established Member
I'd say you're there Snake. I think we have about the same motor setup.

I made 733/690 with my setup, stock longblock, 3.4, and auto. Mine is lightened up alot and should be at 3700 lbs with me in it. What does yours weigh?

Def look forward to seeing your car run at BG:beer:

Last edited:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
It weighed 4086 lbs with me in it. I've got the 2011 AL block and a BMR K-Member for weight savings, but, the extra weight of the KB offset the savings of the K lol. I'd say the Block has been offset by the rollbar, massive driveshaft loop and other safety stuff that I won't do without. Right back at ya too, looking fwd to meeting you also.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Awesome job....! Your hawling the mail...:beer:

Thanks Rob. Long time, no talk. Since we've taken custody of my 14 month old nephew this past spring, my Forum time has been drastically cut lol. Becoming a dad again for the 3rd time at 42 years old has been a small shock to the system. Making the trip to Bowling Green next month?

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Sweet run........one of the few that can actually make that much power work.....car hooks and goes straight....sounds so simple...lol...but we know better.....keep up the good work.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Thanks much Max! It was a good night for GT500's at Clay City (Mt. Parkway Dragway). My bud S174 (Lafe) made a stock blower 10 sec pass last night in his 2011. I'm hoping to see his thread here soon. I think it was a 10.95 at around 123.xx. Good times for sure.

bossnova3

Established Member
I'm only about a second away and about 10 mph LOL...... Awesome car eventually would like to do the same. Awesome run

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Sweet run........one of the few that can actually make that much power work.....car hooks and goes straight....sounds so simple...lol...but we know better.....keep up the good work.

HaHa thanks a lot and you're correct. So many small variables make such a large impact at these numbers.......for me anyway. It's funny that 1/10th makes such a big deal once you reach the single digit ET times. I think that's the part that I love so much about racing, "trying" to figure it all out at once for the number you want.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I'm only about a second away and about 10 mph LOL...... Awesome car eventually would like to do the same. Awesome run

Thanks Boss and I remember year before last when I was running mid/upper 10's and it was just as much fun working on that next 1/10th then as it is now. It's just a little more scary now lol. Anything in the 10's is FAST in my book.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Congrats on the new pb, that is rolling for a 4000 pound car! Looking forward to your new pb in about 3 weeks lol.

Users who are viewing this thread