96 Cobra - Coolant Dump

98SVTContour98

Established Member
UPDATE:

Spoke to the shop, they clearly knew how to burp to car since they mentioned a lot of what that tutorial above mentioned. They are curious why there was some rust/water mixture in the driveway (assuming the coolant spewed from the reservoir cap).

I'll try to burp it myself after the Holidays just to double check it. Until then, I wont take the car out anywhere.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
UPDATE:

Spoke to the shop, they clearly knew how to burp to car since they mentioned a lot of what that tutorial above mentioned. They are curious why there was some rust/water mixture in the driveway (assuming the coolant spewed from the reservoir cap).

I'll try to burp it myself after the Holidays just to double check it. Until then, I wont take the car out anywhere.

Drove the car again to a place 2 miles away, took about 10 minutes to round trip...parked the car...coolant spewed from the cap again.

I will not move the car again until burping it.

Just a small update.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
interesting it doesnt do it until you park the car and shut everything off. Just thinking out loud it might not be heating peak temp until you shut it down (no more air or coolant flow). Maybe the tank and/or lid aren't holding the proper pressure so it boils over once stopped?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I had a similar issue just the other day, ect sensor crapped out which apparently signals the fan to come on. My fan didn't come on and when I looked on my sct tuner, the ect was reading -40 when clearly it was over 200.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I had a similar issue just the other day, ect sensor crapped out which apparently signals the fan to come on. My fan didn't come on and when I looked on my sct tuner, the ect was reading -40 when clearly it was over 200.

ended up dropping the car off at the shop i'm familiar with.

They replaced the thermostat and havent experienced an overheating issue yet. I'll probably pick up the car next week.

Seem crazy it was the thermostat

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Thermostat makes sense not allowing the water to pass through the radiator you shut the car off there’s lots of pressure built up from the heat and puke!!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread