96 cobra vortech ?s

mattalope

96 cobra 441 rwhp 386 lb
Established Member
Hey everyone, I recently bought a used vortech v2 s trim kit for my 96 cobra mustang. It comes with piping, brakets, 42 lb injectors, powerpipe, and boost a spark. I have a walbro gss342 to be installed along with colder plugs. My car is stock except for jlt cai, accufab throttle body, shorty headers, o/r x pipe, and bassani cat back, 4.10 gears, and mgw short shift. My question is with the 42 lb injectors and the upgraded fuel pump, do I still want to buy a boost a pump? Also is the boost a spark needed for this install or could I sell that? Oh yeah the car was dyno tuned prior to this at 297 rwhp. I want to stay as safe and conservative as possible. Thanks

crazycarlo

Established Member
I ran a similar setup and had no BAS so that is not needed depending on what psi you will be running. Im assuming you will keep the car around 10 psi for dependability. IN that case you will be making between 430-450. Also as long as you have a big enough pump a BAP is not needed. It can however come in handy. I had an aviator pump in my car and it worked great.

mattalope

96 cobra 441 rwhp 386 lb
Established Member
install and tune completed walbro 255lph and 42 lb injectors were plenty, no bap was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread