96 emissions tuning question

ia96svt

Established Member
in the course of doing a all out turbo build egr and secondary air pump was deleted for the past build. my question here is do i need to leave the evap canister? i plan on using a aftermarket tank and running 10an and 8an fuel lines so should i tear everything out?

CJK440

Established Member
depends on how many non readiness monitors are allowed by your county

Explain please, I'm not clear on this. I live in CT which has fairly high emissions requirements. I just recently passed with EGR & SAI deleted and turned off in my tune. I'm guessing by having these turned off, the monitors aren't even there any longer as I doubt CT would allow these to be non functional.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Even if its turned off your ecu will look for certain ones, they're called readiness monitors and will throw a soft code (meaning no check engine light) . Here in nc we're .allowed two non readiness codes for 96-01, and only one for 01-up. You can write value files in sct prp to get around it as I pass with no smog, no ear, no evap or rear o2s

ia96svt

Established Member
i live in iowa they dont check just wondering if its something i should do or can do?

CobraHuck

Established Member
Even if its turned off your ecu will look for certain ones, they're called readiness monitors and will throw a soft code (meaning no check engine light) . Here in nc we're .allowed two non readiness codes for 96-01, and only one for 01-up. You can write value files in sct prp to get around it as I pass with no smog, no ear, no evap or rear o2s

Was thinking about this the other day, I would like to delete all that in the future. I wonder if any tuners in my area could/would be willing to do that....

Users who are viewing this thread