98 cobra vs 05 and up gt

JDs00GT

Established Member
shoulda just raced and been telling us this morning who would win. but stock on stock i'd take the gt, 3.55's from the factory is nice.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Agreed. I think stock for stock the new 3v has the b headed 32v slightly. But I think in 07 they no longer came with 3.55's, something like 3.3x gears. Throw some 4.10's in the SN95 though and that should be all it needs.

T.Bone

Established Member
My daughter has a 06 and tells me all the time that she thinks her's will beat my 97. We are planning on taking them to the local track next Thursday to prove whos is faster.

Mine has 4.10's and a K&N filter and hers is bone stock. Best run for her to date is a 14.2 and the 97 has never been to the track. She wants a friend of mine to drive it for her so it will be a fair race.

She wants revenge since I smoked her with the 03 last time we went to the track.

AllMustangs.JPG

swallent

Established Member
I ran a 06 that was supposedly stock and that dude ketp up with me pretty good. We shut em down before I was getting into the higher RPMS as we were in less than favorable racing locations. either way it surprised me how well he kept up...

My MODS...
1. 3:73 Gears (it came with the car and I am too broke and lazy to change them)
2. a bunch of suspension mods...
3. IMRC's deleted
4. Mild tune to compensat for IMRC delete...

TIM you have too many mustangs...

red9450

Established Member
well, my car isn't stock, but i pull them pretty hard with the basic intake, exhaust mods.

stocksnake97

Established Member
stock on stock i believe it is a divers races due to the fact that i have raced on two 05+ and GTs and i pulled one by about a half of a car and the other one was at my fender. My car is stock. i raced one from a dig and the other was from about a 30 roll

Last edited:

T.Bone

Established Member
swallent said:
TIM you have too many mustangs...

Yea, but only 2 of them are parked at the house since she moved out. You should come out and join us Thursday and hang out.

It wasn't a red one you raced on Fort was it, wouldn't surpise me it was her and a boy friend. :burnout:

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
shoulda just raced and been telling us this morning who would win. but stock on stock i'd take the gt, 3.55's from the factory is nice.

I was tired and there were other cars on the road. It sounded like it had an automatic. Don't know how much of a differance this makes. Also, I thought they would be at a disadvantage due to weight.

Last edited:

gtowncobra

Established Member
hmm yea id say the gt i raced one with all my mods i pulled him good but id say stock i might not have i put about 3 cars on him going into 4th

gtowncobra

Established Member
ive seen most stock ones run high 13s but yea alot do mid to low 13s with c/a and some exh.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Guys I've been there, done that with stock 3.27's. From a dig or slow roll in 1st gear it'll be the 96-98's by 1/2 to a full car length in the 1/4 mile. I did get smoked from a 50mph roll by a 2005 Roush stage 1, mainly because I began in 3rd verses 2nd gear. He took me by one car to 110mph, but I was pulling on him slowly. You have to remember that these quick three valves are about 300lbs heavier than us, which is .3 in the 1/4 mile. That's dead weight from a dead stop.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
completely stock auto 05 vert, 13.67 with neighbors wife driving

I was impressed

Users who are viewing this thread