99 Cobra FS, im gonna try 1 more time!!

Mursilis

Established Member
i also have a vortech blower on it pushin 500rwhp and a bunch of other mods haha you did get a good deal on a low mile 99 with some bolt ons though good snag

No disrespect, but mods like a blower mean to a lot of people (including me) "beat on". I've been looking for ~6 months for a '99-01 Cobra similar to yours, but my preference is for stock or close to it. Mods add value if someone is looking for a racer, but if someone is looking for a future classic, mods devalue the vehicle. Just MHO, and no disrespect intended, and sorry to the OP to thread hijack.

phillyphan56

Vandelay Industries
Established Member
my cars never been to the track never raced its all for show its pretty and i have the power if i ever need to use it. its never been "beat on" i drive it and care for it meticulously. thats a stereotype you have. ive seen stock/bolt on modded cobras beat to hell.

dec322

Established Member
trying this again guys....didnt feel like making a new thread....car now has 106k miles.
-tranny was rebuilt at around 100k miles
-Has 4.30 gears and diablo tuner to correct the speedo and the diablo tune is on the car now
-always used mobil 1 10w30 oil
-GREAT CAR I JUST HAVE TO HAVE A TRUCK lol im getting married in 6 months so this car wont be to practical for me
TAKING OFFERS *no low balls* car is in great condition to have 106k miles.

Did you get it dyno'ed with the tuner?

I guess it was good for buyers that it didn't sell the first time. It would have sucked to buy a car and have to get the tranny rebuilt within 4000 miles of ownership.

GL with the sell this time around.

red9450

Established Member
but if someone is looking for a future classic.

no disrespect, but...lol. Future classic???:dw::lol1:

To the OP, autotrader is a great place to advertise a car like yours....very clean, close to stock. Thats what I would do. I find that these forums are great to buy cars at a good deal, but not so great to sell them. Everyone surfs the for sale ads, and gets this idea in their head of what they can get a certain used car for. No used car is the same. Yours looks great. good luck.:beer:

dec322

Established Member

To the OP, autotrader is a great place to advertise a car like yours....very clean, close to stock. Thats what I would do. I find that these forums are great to buy cars at a good deal, but not so great to sell them. Everyone surfs the for sale ads, and gets this idea in their head of what they can get a certain used car for. No used car is the same. Yours looks great. good luck.:beer:

Agreed. I sold my cobra on craigslist for $12.5k but on these boards a guy was telling me I wouldn't get anything over $10.5k.

'95yellowGT

Established Member

yeh actually bout to do that thats the next step anways this was just the first place i put it back up for sale.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
car has a small exhaust leak passenger side header....its not that bad really it doesnt bother me or i would gotten it fixed already but i do have the gaskets to do it

cbradley49

Established Member
nah a lil too low man, but thanks for the interest

11k!! to the top

sorry to say this but youre not gonna get that much for it around here no matter what. I just sold mine for $7000 cause thats all I could get out of it, and it is in perfect condition like yours and close to the same mileage.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
well 7k is rediculous to me but thats ur deal so i really dont care and that 11k was a good while back ill take less than that now..........i guess i need to list a new price 10k now is the asking price

'95yellowGT

Established Member
Did you get it dyno'ed with the tuner?

I guess it was good for buyers that it didn't sell the first time. It would have sucked to buy a car and have to get the tranny rebuilt within 4000 miles of ownership.

GL with the sell this time around.

yeh the guy that put in the 4.30s broke my transmission on a "test drive" so it wasnt just something that went out trust it sucked for me to have to replace it also....wasnt something i was glad to have to do

dec322

Established Member
yeh the guy that put in the 4.30s broke my transmission on a "test drive" so it wasnt just something that went out trust it sucked for me to have to replace it also....wasnt something i was glad to have to do

Understood. I bet it is fun with 4.30s.

cbradley49

Established Member
well 7k is rediculous to me but thats ur deal so i really dont care and that 11k was a good while back ill take less than that now..........i guess i need to list a new price 10k now is the asking price

Was rediculous to me too, but thats about all they are going for. I was told by alot of people that looked at it to start out at $12,000 and go from there, which I did.

Last edited:

Sny714

Established Member
$7k is ridiculous to sell 99-01 cobras for, that seller didnt have to go that low. Your miles are pretty high but I would stay around 10k if you can wait.

stangkid

Established Member
I just bought a new trade in from my local dealer for $7500 it is a 01 with 120,000 miles.

dec322

Established Member
yeh man the market is not as good as it was even a short time ago

That is very true. I sold my 99 with 115k on it for 12.5k. The guy that bought it tried selling it a month later (why...I don't know) and he went as low as 9.5k and I'm not sure he even sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread