99 Cobra Throwing Up.........I'm beside myself

shinerunner

Established Member
Cobra has been overheating and expelling H2O from the water filler after driving 10 miles. Problem developed slowly after I made 10 runs at MIR in just one hour and 5 minutes. I have changed filler caps, themostat (188), have just water in cooling system now until I stop the coolant loss, have burped the system, new themostat tested on stove to open at 188, no leaks in system, fan comes on just before overheating occurs. Thermostat works (can feel heat on both hoses in and out of t-stat). T-stat not put in backwards. Occurs much faster with A/C compressor on. Have not turned on car heater on to see if has any effect. I'm simply beside myself. I feel like a hot pepper dancing a jig :pepper:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Interesting. Same thing happened to 01lowboy and it turned out to be his water pump. Of course, his pump was leaking so it was easier to diagnose.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
sunburned said:
Interesting. Same thing happened to 01lowboy and it turned out to be his water pump. Of course, his pump was leaking so it was easier to diagnose.

def not the same thing that was happening to me. Only time mine ever over heated was because of the lack of coolant from the leaking seal on the waterpump. Car never overheated after driving for 10 miles.

If it's overheating while there's coolant in the car i can only assume there's a pretty big air pocket in the system somewhere.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
01Lowboy said:
def not the same thing that was happening to me. Only time mine ever over heated was because of the lack of coolant from the leaking seal on the waterpump. Car never overheated after driving for 10 miles.

If it's overheating while there's coolant in the car i can only assume there's a pretty big air pocket in the system somewhere.

Well fine then.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Sounds like you have air in the system. Do a quick search on here and you will find the correct procedure for burping that baby.......

Users who are viewing this thread