A buddy of mines Civic SI gettin' it done...

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
If that is the car I think it is (and i'm pretty sure it is) then I know the owner and actually work at the same shop from time to time

but the owner is a super nice guy and really knows his stuff, and does all the tuning for all kinds of cars

This car I think iirc is getting a new setup which should blow it up, but I may be wrong

But it isn't bad for a car that he drives to work a few times a week and looks completely bone stock on the outside.

but like I said earlier if it is the person I think it is he is the tuner for National Speed (This is the same shop who made the "my new honda" video haha)here in Wilmington, NC. This shop has all kinds of cool cars running around and being built

I live out in ogden near national speed and go past that shop often. I never really see anything going on out there. What are they working on??

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Stock bottomend right? ;-)

:lol:

I am pretty sure it is the stock BLOCK, but if it has the stock bottom end or not I can't say for sure.

The extreme details of it's setup are unknown to me as I don't own it and was not the one who built it.

I live out in ogden near national speed and go past that shop often. I never really see anything going on out there. What are they working on??

As of yesterday they had in a 300C SRT-8 getting a procharger put on, their black shop 350Z got it's new turbo on, I think 2 SRT-4's were in there, the old datsun 240 was getting more engine building, the RX-7 was there still.... I'm sure I missed a few things, but basically all kinds of stuff.

But they/we are having a dyno day/ huge auction on Saturday if you want go and stop by for a little bit.

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
I am pretty sure it is the stock BLOCK, but if it has the stock bottom end or not I can't say for sure.

The extreme details of it's setup are unknown to me as I don't own it and was not the one who built it.

As of yesterday they had in a 300C SRT-8 getting a procharger put on, their black shop 350Z got it's new turbo on, I think 2 SRT-4's were in there, the old datsun 240 was getting more engine building, the RX-7 was there still.... I'm sure I missed a few things, but basically all kinds of stuff.

But they/we are having a dyno day/ huge auction on Saturday if you want go and stop by for a little bit.

sounds sweet! Are most of there customers out of town or local? I haven't really seen any of those around town..Is the RX-7 you are talking about have an LSX engine swap in it?? If so that is a bad bitch.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
cars fast but sure aint pretty, but anyways most of the ones I have seen are pure race cars, and are nothing but a tin bucket that can't be driven as a daily driver at all, my buddies car runs in the mid tens, 331 single turbo fox body coupe on drag radials and street rims, full interior and cage and he daily drives it in the summer, thats a fun car and not a tin can. Based on the times they are running I have seen much better cars both imports and domestics that I would much rather have.

if this moves to smackdown then I will let my true true feelings known

jf4boogie

Established Member

Do you actually stop, or try to drive by and just judge from the road?

Here's an older list, it doesn't look updated, but it should give you an idea.

Projects | National Speed Inc.

..and one of their latest builds:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Xl6HbWSsM"]YouTube- National Speed: Customer's 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Magna Charger/B&B/Airaid...[/ame]

Last edited:

jf4boogie

Established Member
What do you mean?

Did I say it wasn't a 1999 Si?

Fast, cheap and reliable!

You can only have two of those above, dont lie to yourself !

edit:

Here is what some friends of mine play with when it comes to Honda stuff!

downsized_0822091625-1.jpg

Is it always driven around with the e100/paint thinner mix?

Cute car your boy has there. You have a lot of comments on a lot of things...sometimes they're funny...sometimes not so much.

Before you come in this thread posting up pictures like you're some king dick on hondas, you may wanna do more research on who it is you're putting down.

The guy that owns this civic is far from your typical ricer and probably knows more about any given car any day of the week than you ever will.

Oh, and since you wanna play the post a picture game, then choke on this one for a bit:

100_6953.jpg

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
sounds sweet! Are most of there customers out of town or local? I haven't really seen any of those around town..Is the RX-7 you are talking about have an LSX engine swap in it?? If so that is a bad bitch.

From what i've seen the customers seem to be pretty even so half in town and half out of town

I'm assuming your talking about the green one slammed on CCW Classics, and its scary haha

but no the one inside the shop is yellow and still with the rotary in it

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Cute car your boy has there. You have a lot of comments on a lot of things...sometimes they're funny...sometimes not so much.

Before you come in this thread posting up pictures like you're some king dick on hondas, you may wanna do more research on who it is you're putting down.

The guy that owns this civic is far from your typical ricer and probably knows more about any given car any day of the week than you ever will.

Oh, and since you wanna play the post a picture game, then choke on this one for a bit:

100_6953.jpg

What is this now?....picture contest?:lol:

I never said the guy was a ricer, I never said none of the things you accuse me of, never put him personally down, you are imagining things or pulling them out of your ass. I simply said the car will not last long a stock engine at that level. Then again, he is probably at that level for about a day or two at the track every now and then. I bet you swing off of his testicles going around telling how its a 10 second daily driven car, runs on corn oil, paint mixture and uses a 2x4 as a braking system.:lol:

Fact is, that car is probably a high 11 second car for 97% of the time its on a road surface, if that, and with a stock motor, its only a matter of time too. I know this because that is how most of import crowd is, especially Honda crowd. Cant say I blame them, they have the convinience of putting the boost up or down at the touch of a button, but they also have a great inconvinience of a rather expensive c16(70$/5galls), and or e100 and paint thinner mixture to run at their optimal level!

Now, this import ran 6's and is a close friend of mine as well....
BTW, LOL at calling the civic in my picture "cute", it made more power than all of your vehicles combined probably........

0623071418a.jpg

Last edited:

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
I never said the guy was a ricer, I never said none of the things you accuse me of, never put him personally down, you are imagining things or pulling them out of your ass. I simply said the car will not last long a stock engine at that level. Then again, he is probably at that level for about a day or two at the track every now and then. I bet you swing off of his testicles going around telling how its a 10 second daily driven car, runs on corn oil, paint mixture and uses a 2x4 as a braking system.:lol:

I think he does just run that setup for race times, as he does drive the car to work every once in a while.

He is the tuner and has the ability to change the tune on it in a matter of minutes so that is why I am sure he changes it for street driving.

But overall it is a really neat car

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
that was my boy in the cobra, wasn't it supposed to be a grudge race? IMO that SI is sick as **** but threads like this attract the little useless faggots of SVTP......

jf4boogie

Established Member
What is this now?....picture contest?:lol:

Fact is, that car is probably a high 11 second car for 97% of the time its on a road surface, if that, and with a stock motor, its only a matter of time too. I know this because that is how most of import crowd is, especially Honda crowd. Cant say I blame them, they have the convinience of putting the boost up or down at the touch of a button, but they also have a great inconvinience of a rather expensive c16(70$/5galls), and or e100 and paint thinner mixture to run at their optimal level!

Now, this import ran 6's and is a close friend of mine as well....
BTW, LOL at calling the civic in my picture "cute", it made more power than all of your vehicles combined probably........

0623071418a.jpg

Nope. No contest. Simply playing your game, which you CONTINUE to play by posting yet another picture that no one gives a shit about.

And in response to your "calling the civic "cute"...more power than all of your vehicles" comment. Please refer back to your first post in this thread for a summary of how I feel about it. (see also; I dont give a flying shit)

You win. I won't post another pic :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread