A/C Cold air on Hot days

Kysnake03

Established Member
Around here its been 90-95 for 2 wks now, my air does not seem to cool my car down as much as I think it should ! Driving to work @ 2pm 30 mins and the air on high ,it seems just somewhat cool. If I have to stop in traffic its warm air. Does this sound normal to everyone ? Now in the morn, or night its cold !
I have taken it to 2 Ford dealers and they say the air will get warmer on hotter days, and it was ok! They said this system works best with the fan on 1 or 2! I told them my 95 s10 has colder air on it, so they said they would do some cking ! With who I dont know, because they didn`t keep my car.

jshen

Established Member
No that doesn't sound normal...I turn mine on to recirculate and after 20 seconds the air is cool. I'm in south GA and it's hot as hell here. I did put a UV tinit on windows and I'm sure that helps.

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
I live in Arizona and my A/C is ice cold. It is the coldest a/c that I have felt in a long time

Last edited:

Fang

Established Member
I have just stopped using the A/C all together. Just takes too much out of the motor and just overheats. I used to cruise around with it on but just overheats after a while and blows hot.

oldmodman

Established Member
Two weeks ago we had the hotest day in recorded history here in the San Fernando Valley. It was 119 and I had my 03 Cobra parked outside and it wasn't in the shade. With the air on recirculate it took only 2 or 3 min to cool down the inside. And after getting on the freeway the air coming out of the AC vent was 39 degrees. And with the LFP radiator and a 180 degree thermostat my coolant temp was right at 186 degrees. No problems here!:coolman:

gehoben

Established Member
2 times over the 4 1/2 years of ownership I have had to add a charge to the AC and both times it did the trick to get "Ice cold air" They're blowin smoke up your u know what with those bs stories. I have checked and checked for leaks but its gotta be so slow its almost impossible to find. Just go get a shot and it'll last ya another 2 years.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
gehoben said:
JUst remember, It may be a cobra, but it's still a Ford!

Right. And Ford has the best a/c units out there. If you're not cooling properly, you have a problem. Mine never failed to cool exceptionally well...even on 118 degree days.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: South West Florida, in the heat of the afternoon, I often find my AC is too cold for comfort with the fan on 2. On the other hand, my DD Explorer has just had the AC evaporator cores replaced because of a leak (cost me $640 at a concession half-price deal from my Ford Dealer). You need either a recharge or an overhaul of the system.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
oldmodman said:
Two weeks ago we had the hotest day in recorded history here in the San Fernando Valley. It was 119 and I had my 03 Cobra parked outside and it wasn't in the shade. With the air on recirculate it took only 2 or 3 min to cool down the inside. And after getting on the freeway the air coming out of the AC vent was 39 degrees. And with the LFP radiator and a 180 degree thermostat my coolant temp was right at 186 degrees. No problems here!:coolman:

nice!!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
no its not normal. Its been 90 to 100 here and humid as hell, still blows ice cold air, I dont even have to put the fan on high and I never have to use the max setting.

If I sit for an hour stopped in traffic it will start to blowing warmer air, but as soon as it moves a little its ice cold again (thats probably more normal behavior).

Orange Poison

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Right. And Ford has the best a/c units out there. If you're not cooling properly, you have a problem. Mine never failed to cool exceptionally well...even on 118 degree days.

This is so true! I've always told people that....all my Fords blow ICE cold air....never any problems. :rockon:

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I have never had a problem with mine. Like was said earlier it has to be ungodly hot for me to turn on the AC, just because the car feels like a dog with it on...but once it is on you could hang meat in the back.:D

MY DREAM

Established Member
Mine was bad as well so I took it in to Ford today and they found that my Condenser was leaking. They ordered a new one and should be installing it this saterday.

James

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I've noticed that mine dosn't blow as cold as I'd like when it's really hot, guess that I'll take it in when I get back and have them look at it..

(it's definitely not as cold as the a/c on my Explorer)

Kysnake03

Established Member
Thanks for the replys, now to convience Ford that its not working properly !
Some good points made that I can relay to them next wk when I take it back, also I`ll ck the fan rotation myself !

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
When I first got my car it was doing the same thing. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the low pressure cycle switch, whatever the hell that is. Blows ice cold now, good luck...striker

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
over 500whp and sitting for a half hour idling yesterday waiting to register for classes. my car does not over heat and blows ice cold a/c when its not even on MAX a/c :) get it charged

grnenvy

Established Member
My air is as cold as shit even when it's 100 out you must have a problem. Make sure the fan is coming on when you turn the a/c on if it's not then you found the problem. You need air flow through the a/c condensor for the system to run properly.

Users who are viewing this thread