A/C quit working!!

P_RsSVT

Established Member
My A/C is blowing hot air. I was thinking maybe the freon(spelling) is low. Has anybody else had their A/C stop working? What were the causes? I will be taking it to the dealer but want to know what is the common cause for the A/C to stop working. Thanks..

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Check your low pressure switch, is it busted? Also, check your CCRM, any issues with that? Both of those control power to the a/c compressor. I hahd the same issue with my 97, and it was the LPS. It ended up costing me 22 bucks to fix.

P_RsSVT

Established Member
How do I go about checking these things? I hardly use the A/C, thats why I'm not too worried about it. Thanks..

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
check the rubber hose that runs alongside passenger head...it rubs on most cars......I hold mine back with a cable tie through shock tower

also, some CAI shields (Steeda, for one...) have been known to saw holes through the aluminum part of that same line

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Just an FYI... a lot of people don't realize that just letting it sit and never running it is also very, very bad for an A/C. Try to run the A/C once every couple weeks (whether you need it or not) just to lube all the internals. You'll be thankful when you go to turn it on when you really need it.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
good point!.....the oil is dispersed with the Freon

it does run whenever the defroster is on (unless temps are below freezing)

but if you're like me, you never drive in inclement weather so defroster never gets used

Users who are viewing this thread