A couple Pictures Of my Comp Orange Terminator and a Clone

ZWilson07

Established Member
I hate clones! Fuggin Posers!

I wouldnt say they are huge posers! but I can see where it can bother people that have original cobra's and there are guys with v6's or hardly any power with cobra bumpers, side skirts, spoiler, side scoops, etc. I can honestly say for me I have always LOVED the 03/04 cobra and have wanted one since I was alittle kid. But I dont want to go buy one for 10-15 grand, I wanna start from scratch and build my own style of cobra.

For instance for motor I want a carb 408 stroker, but I love the look of the cobra so I want the bumpers, side skirts, etc to give me the look as well as the interior. But I want chrome saleen rims, and a different suspension setup.

Im sure this will probably make alot of original 03/04 cobra guys mad because im riding around with a fobra, but I am in no way trying to take away from there car. With all the money ill end up having in the car I could have def bought one, I just wanted to make my own and my own image of how it would have came. I will probably either shave the rear bumper, or have one with MUSTANG across it to atleast stay away from causing similar issues to that. I also kinda feel like if the car is making enough power to be just as quick or faster than an 03/04 cobra than that should make a difference in whether people get bent out of shape about it.

But I wouldnt say that should be a reason to get all mad, and bother you, and ruin you day you know what I mean. Now while many people can ruin it and not do the cobra justice, for the most part people copy it because of just how good the real thing looks, but they either dont have the means to buy a real one, OR like me want to make their own. Now with my ideas I would like to think that I wouldnt get flamed or put down because I have a so called "fobra" but I also understand that it still could happen and im fine with that. If that bothers you that I am, well I apologize but I wouldnt let it get to ya man. To many other things that are more important to worry about nowadays you know.

Last edited:

ZWilson07

Established Member
really :dw: how's that.

yup

are all people that use the cobra body kit poser? not trying to be a dick or anything, honestly im just curious. Does it havta be a car that came stock with the 03/04 cobra motor?

Honestly im not trying to start anything, just a legit honest question of what it would take to be respected using the cobra bumpers and side skirts?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I wouldnt say they are huge posers! but I can see where it can bother people that have original cobra's and there are guys with v6's or hardly any power with cobra bumpers, side skirts, spoiler, side scoops, etc. I can honestly say for me I have always LOVED the 03/04 cobra and have wanted one since I was alittle kid. But I dont want to go buy one for 10-15 grand, I wanna start from scratch and build my own style of cobra.

For instance for motor I want a carb 408 stroker, but I love the look of the cobra so I want the bumpers, side skirts, etc to give me the look as well as the interior. But I want chrome saleen rims, and a different suspension setup.

Im sure this will probably make alot of original 03/04 cobra guys mad because im riding around with a fobra, but I am in no way trying to take away from there car. With all the money ill end up having in the car I could have def bought one, I just wanted to make my own and my own image of how it would have came. I will probably either shave the rear bumper, or have one with MUSTANG across it to atleast stay away from causing similar issues to that. I also kinda feel like if the car is making enough power to be just as quick or faster than an 03/04 cobra than that should make a difference in whether people get bent out of shape about it.

But I wouldnt say that should be a reason to get all mad, and bother you, and ruin you day you know what I mean. Now while many people can ruin it and not do the cobra justice, for the most part people copy it because of just how good the real thing looks, but they either dont have the means to buy a real one, OR like me want to make their own. Now with my ideas I would like to think that I wouldnt get flamed or put down because I have a so called "fobra" but I also understand that it still could happen and im fine with that. If that bothers you that I am, well I apologize but I wouldnt let it get to ya man. To many other things that are more important to worry about nowadays you know.
Wilson your post is well written and mature so first off I will say I respect you and your position. I know i'm talking to a grown up so we can discuss it without hostility :beer: However, I will give you my position. I've never been a guy who would buy a V6 and pose as a V8. I feel your car is an extension of yourself in many ways so I'm particular about my ride. You gotta rep what you have or get something different that you can be proud of but don't fake it :nonono:

The reason my post might have seemed harsh is I've met some tools that drive fobras. One day when my car was new I saw a sweet yellow 03 Cobra sitting in a parking lot with some guys looking at it and I stopped to talk. Ended up being a fobra and the owner was some young punk that looked like he stole the car. That experience left a bad taste in my mouth. In addition sometimes i'll see some POS with Cobra emblems and I just wanna be like "who you foolin"?

I got more respect for the guy that reps his car for what it is. One of my friends has an unbelievable '99 V6 with a big turbo, all chrome engine, car is show quality and it has alot of Cobra body pieces like the hood, front/rear fascia/bumpers but he has a shaved bumper and he rocks the 3.8 badges! He is proud of his car but has nothing on his car that say "Cobra". His license plate says "Justa6" on it. His car is truly sweet though, it makes over 400rwhp! I have respect for this kid.

No biggie Wilson you didn't ruin my day :rockon: Sounds like you will have a sweet ride when you complete your build. To each his own bro, this is just one of my passionate hobbies.

ZWilson07

Established Member
Big Beeze im glad you took it the proper way, I was hoping I was dealing with a mature individual as well cause I honestly didn't want to deal with any internet BS tonight lol, im supposed to be finishing a 400 level college class paper instead of on here so that would have def distracted me lol. I appreciate your kind words and yes I would have to say im mature in alot of ways atleast for being 20 that is but that was just how I was raised and mommy n daddy would beat my ass if I didnt growing up maybe even now.

Granted I still live at home but I pay for everything of my own, all my car payments, insurance, gas, mods, everything so they still let me live at home untiul I finish school. Im still a junior in college right now so I wont be done for another year or 2 as far as 4 yr degree is concerned. I just want to a build a carb 408 motor, I like the new edge body style and ill be going with a v6 "body" if you want to call it that just for the simple reason of it will be dirt cheap and it would be dumb to dumb abunch of money into the inital purchase price of the vehicle to rip it all out. If I bought the GT, the brake system would still have to be changed over, with the power im looking to make the tranny wouldnt work, so it would all be ripped out. I wouldnt keep the GT wheels or bumpers, so the only thing that would be left would be a shell of a car. So it was just be dumb for me to do that or gold forbid buy a cobra and rip that stock motor out, I would need to be shot for doing that. So this way I just will buy a v6, rip the motor, tranny, and rearend out. Brake system is different than the GT's and will still work with a pushrod setup, beens im going carb the initial setup isn't to bad with a few fuel modifications. I woulda need a new tranny anyways, going to upgrade the rearend anyways, and this way I can have more money to go with w.e bumpers, side skirts, rims, w.e that I want. I LOVE the cobra body look so honestly ill probably buy it.

Now I wont be advertising my car as a 03/04 cobra or nothing but I can still see how people would get pissy on seeing the cobra, or if they had good car sense and could tell it wasn't a legit "cobra" persay. I know this and I could really careless, and with the amount of money, tons of time, work, and effort that will go into this vehicle, will have more power n quicker than a stock 03/04 cobra than hell I think I earned the right to put a cobra front bumper on my car if I want you know. Some may disagree but if they get all bent out of shape, then they need to grow up and look at it for the facts.

Im a 20 year old young adult, that goes to school full time, my school is totally paid off by ME, I work 2 jobs while going to school, pay for all of my stuff, and try and make good grades, be a real man, have a half way regular life, and build a car. I also have a 06 lifted truck that takes time and MONEY as well, including $100 a week in gas alone and my dad doesn't know hardly ANYTHING about vehicles, all this is self taught and self doing knowledge. So IF after all that if someone wants to get pissy because I built my own "cobra" than they can go f themselves you know. As well as I said early, with all this time and money I could have a original "03/04 cobra" if I want, but I want to build my own way and the way I want it. Im still trying to come up with the name for the project but ill decide that soon. I have the money for the build, just waiting til spring break after this week to start jumping into it.

Sorry for the rant, about to head off to work. be safe. peace.

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
are all people that use the cobra body kit poser? not trying to be a dick or anything, honestly im just curious. Does it havta be a car that came stock with the 03/04 cobra motor?

Honestly im not trying to start anything, just a legit honest question of what it would take to be respected using the cobra bumpers and side skirts?
it's all good man my reply was impulse w/o reading your post thoroughly and because all I ever see clone wise are riced-out 6 bangers and other huge fail.. your cars sounds nice, your head is where it should be concerning school and working hard for your shit, and nothing wrong with borrowing some 03 style where needed - so more power to ya :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

A clone can be cool, but it will be functionally and visually a Terminator with Terminator mechanical content yet an incorrect vin. Typical Terminator mods would be expected and not a problem.
A blown four valve Ford engine is expected under the hood, basically any blown 4 valve Ford.

Fubras LOOK like a Terminator but are seriously lacking in authentic content, are mostly all about the visuals.

Those primarily visual cars will continue to receive scorn and disdain from most of "us" because they in fact...

SUCK!:nonono::burn::kaboom::loser::bash:

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member

Your car sounds like it'll be cool, and I personally dont see anything wrong with putting cobra bumpers, sideskirts, etc on your v6 or GT...as they do definitely look better. But now (imo), when you start putting cobra badges all over the place, THAT is a different story. Just leave the proper badges on there, and you'll be good to go! =]

ZWilson07

Established Member
Yeah I finally got that damn paper done when I got off work, that was a night beens it was pouring here in KY. Appreciate the kind words, anyone else havta work in the rain last night lol?

Users who are viewing this thread