A couple Stang GTs and a 02 Camaro SS

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Last weekend I went on a cruise with a few people from musclecar-evolution.com. Lots of nice cars ranging from a very clean 68/69 Camaro Z28 to a newer Porsche Carrera.

On the way home, I ended up lining up with one of the guys that had a Camaro SS. I think his only mods were exhaust and gears. I wasnt sure if he was going to run or not but he jumped when the light turned green. I shifted from 1st to 2nd and started pulling ahead. Then went from 2nd to missing 3rd and he won. Next light I ask for another run. we had a couple cars in front of us so we spaced each other at like 10mph allowing the cars ahead to get ahead of us. He honks 3 times and we go again. I went up to 3rd gear, pulling on him each time i shifted. End result was me winning by a car length. Was a good run and the owner was pretty cool.

Last night seemed to be Mustang GT night. I was wandering around and ran across a friend of mine that had a nice GT. Not much was done to it other than being lowered. He was egging me on going down the street and finally asked him if he wanted to do a quick run. He says sure and we head to the highway. We start at around 40mph. He gives 3 honks and we go. The end result was about a few bus lengths. We get off the highway and go our seperate ways.

After the run, I decided to go to the local gas stationand get a drink. As I'm leaving, a silver GT pulls in and is revving his car while I'm passing by. I laugh and rev back while I'm heading out towards one of the local spots.

We end up crossing paths again and he's doing the same thing so we pull back into the gas station to chat. He asks what all I did to mine and I tell him. He starts laughing and asking why I went with the Ford racing catback. I tell him that its been proven to be one of the better catbacks for our cars and he proceeds to tell me how much of a piece of shit it is. He was acting pretty cocky so I told him that if my parts are POS, we should go do a quick run and he can tell me how much of a POS they are afterwards. he confidently agrees and we head back out.

We get on the highway and pace each other around 40mph. I honk 3 times and we go. I shift from 2nd to 3rd and hear him shift shortly after. I stay in 3rd and start pulling hard then shift into 4th to guarantee the kill. we get off the highway and head back the other way. He lines up with me and the same thing happens again.

We get off at the original ramp and talk for a second. He seemed to have mellowed out by then and told me that his only mods were 3.90 gears and exhaust.

C6 Vette

Established Member
I don't get why some of these guys in their GT's think they are fast with just a lowering kit or minimal exhaust mods......Good Kill!!!

04YellowGT

Established Member
I have GT but its far from stock and there are like 5 GTs in my town that always rev at me and act like they have something for me. The best part is you can hear my blower a mile away so its not like hiding something. LOL

Good kills you got put people like that in their place.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Nice pulls. I think it is amusing that most people with fast cars don't talk crap too much, but some guys "think" they are fast and can't shut up...

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
I don't get why some of these guys in their GT's think they are fast with just a lowering kit or minimal exhaust mods......Good Kill!!!

Torque will do that to ya. The torquey nature of the 99-04 GT's makes it "feel" like a beast down low especially if you get 4.10 gears.

Users who are viewing this thread