A few questions about tracking my car @ the open course

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
That helps a lot. I appreciate the feedback.

So coolant can run anywhere from 180 to 230. Off the track if I am running below 170-180 you don't think that is too low do you?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Venomous01 said:
That helps a lot. I appreciate the feedback.

So coolant can run anywhere from 180 to 230. Off the track if I am running below 170-180 you don't think that is too low do you?

Not at all. If you were 160, that MAY be a problem?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Not at all. If you were 160, that MAY be a problem?
Perfect. Yeah I am around 170-186 (idle, cruise and WOT)... mainly 178 all with the 160 stat.

I ordered 2 speedhut electrical gauges tonight, Oil Temp and Water Temp. So hopefully this will help me monitor these a little better.

BlackStripes

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Monitoring ALL of that would be a distraction IMHO. :read:

hehe... true. Obviously i check only temps gauges during short straights.... in long straights i check all the pressures as well. I never check boost and A/F has a light, so i dont have to LOOK at it.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
So the car is FINALLY where I want it to be. I can't wait to get out on the track and learn to drive her a little better.

I had the following parts installed Russell SS braided lines (now using Valvoline Synthetic brake fluid), Brake cooling kits from fellow road racer Anthony (awesome piece), and both the water temp and oil temp gauges. The water temp sensor is mounted in the custom fitting Anthony makes for the crossover tube, fits perfect! Then we mounted the oil temp sensor in the extra spot on the oil cooler.

It takes a while for the oil to warm up. I didn't drive far but the oil temps were at 160 degrees and gradually rising. The water temps were 180.

I am hoping to make it speedventures event on Feb. 17th or 18th with my girlfriend and her mom (who are renting Shelby GT-Hs possibly for my girlfriends birthday. It's kinda like it's mine birthday:coolman: , but my girlfriend and her mother asked when the next event was b/c she wanted to go so I figured that would be a great day to do it.

Thanks for all of your feedback and help.

Users who are viewing this thread