ABS light

Kysnake03

Established Member
Looks like in the manual its a module or sensor, but I dont know.
I have not driven my car in a couple wks untill today, and the ABS light is on.
I hooked the Predator up and it gave me some codes. I have the list of codes, but 2 of them are not on the list.
P0602-Replace PCM
P0605-PCM Read only memory error
P1211- not listed
P1690- not listed
The 1st 2 codes I think are from the tune I have, now the question, what are the last 2 codes , and if the pads are warn in the rear will it turn the ABS light on. Also the TC button is not working, just stays on.
The pads aren`t completely warn , but I will change them this wk. I checked the fluid , its full, cleared codes with Pred. and disconnected the battery, no luck.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
P1211- Injector control pressure, not controllable. Possibly FPRS related. Check fuel pressure.

P1690- Wastegate Control Valve Malfunction. Though this code is associated with turbo diesel applications usually, the ECM can use it to represent the fact that it is seeing too much boost on a supercharge application as well.

ABS lights will also sometimes light erractically BEFORE the battery light when an alternator is starting to fail....check it as well.

ABS lights turn on (usually):
A) if the ABS pump is failing or clogged
B) if a wheel sensor is damaged or unplugged

First, I would clean all four wheel sensors as metal dust from the pads accumulates on the magnets and 'shorts them'. You can also ohm them out and compare the numbers to a Ford service manual.

Good luck.
-Tim

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
For a different angle:

My ABS light come on randomly.... I tried all of the above mentioned proceedures, and the problem remained.

After some inspection, I noticed that my Driver side half shaft was sliding in and out of the Diff. to the point where the exciter ring was outside of the magnets range.

I Found the problem to be a worn Circlip, which is the snap ring that holds the upper shaft in the Diff.

A $6.00 clip,new halfshaft nut and an hour in my garage, and the problem was fixed.

It is worth a look at least.

Users who are viewing this thread