AC427s delrin bushing kit, my 2 month impression!

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I have read your FAQ's page on your site many times over the past few weeks. I've also done some searching outside of the forums on the materials of your kit vs MM's. From what I've read, most owners of the MM aluminum diff mounts have issues with excessive noise. In comparison to your kit, not everyone has noise issues with the aluminum diff mounts. I was wondering if they were designed that differently for some not to hear any change in NVH with your kits.

However, it seems to be hit or miss. I believe it's all subjective like you said.

Thanks again for the info.

:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks for the info. I have read your FAQ's page on your site many times over the past few weeks. I've also done some searching outside of the forums on the materials of your kit vs MM's. From what I've read, most owners of the MM aluminum diff mounts have issues with excessive noise. In comparison to your kit, not everyone has noise issues with the aluminum diff mounts. I was wondering if they were designed that differently for some not to hear any change in NVH with your kits.

However, it seems to be hit or miss. I believe it's all subjective like you said.

Thanks again for the info.

:beer:

Well actually our front aluminum and rear Delrin differential mounts will net you about 50% of the NVH of the MM kit. This is because the MM kit mounts the front AND rear diff in solid aluminum mounts.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
Damn it! I had my whole IRS out and in pieces all winter. I should have detailed it like that, I didn't even think of it.

Another testimony to the noise in the MM diff. bushings. I have 3.73s and it is quite noticeable at speed.

Sorry Bruce didn't know about your kit at the time I did this.

Bill56

Established Member
Does this kit get rid of all wheel hop, So no hopping at the track with street tires either!? if so this is my next mod for sure. Does it take a lot of know how to do it, ive already lower my car myself, but this looks like an involved mod, if it has instructions ill be good though

Jroc

Established Member
Does this kit get rid of all wheel hop, So no hopping at the track with street tires either!? if so this is my next mod for sure. Does it take a lot of know how to do it, ive already lower my car myself, but this looks like an involved mod, if it has instructions ill be good though

It gets rid of 99% of the wheelhop. Great mod that I've been DD'ing on for over 2 years.

Bill56

Established Member
It gets rid of 99% of the wheelhop. Great mod that I've been DD'ing on for over 2 years.

nice. 99% sounds awesome, did you put it all in yourself.
And is there a link or number to get the info on the product, i know the kit cant be cheap, so probably in a few weeks id like to order mine

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
nice. 99% sounds awesome, did you put it all in yourself.
And is there a link or number to get the info on the product, i know the kit cant be cheap, so probably in a few weeks id like to order mine

You can read all about the kit in the link in my sig. I suggest you read the IRS informational article I have written:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ystery-cobra-independent-rear-suspension.html

along with the FAQ regarding the kit we have on our web site:

faq's

I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone may have regarding the kit.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread