Accident Damage on Carfax

alex3610

Established Member
In continuing my search for a Coyote car, I found what looked to be a nice deal on an11' A6 premium with mileage in the low 30's. Everything looked good until I found the carfax, which showed "Accident Reported" and in the column to the left it said North Carolina Damage Report as the source. It is showing a clean title, and the car is on the lot at a Ford dealer. I called the internet sales guy, and he didn't really know much beyond the fact that he thought they did something to refinish the rear bumper. May be related, may just be typical used car refurbishment. I did have him send me the Oasis report which showed nothing out of the ordinary. Besides a physical examination, is there anything else I can do to try and track down any information on what this accident was all about and what damage the car really received? The car is about 2 hours away so if I'd like to learn as much as possible before venturing down there.
Thanks guys

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Title can or will remain clean if simply reassigned from insurance sale to repair shop to auction to dealer because it may be the same title but when it is sold to the public and an actual new title produced the brand will/may then show. They are supposed to disclaim it to you but may just play dumb and surprised and then show you the as is paper work paragraph you signed while signing a pile of papers. Former whole seller :) be careful.

alex3610

Established Member
Well now that doesn't make me feel any better. Thanks for the tip though, I try and read ALL of the fine print when buying a car.

Only other thing I can see is that based on the Carfax, is that the car accumulated miles at the same rate as it did earlier for the period around when the damage was reported. While not definitive, it would lead me to believe the car wasn't off the road being repaired for an extended time.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Do not purchase ANYTHING you are not 100% satisfied with. You questioning this car tells me you need to run away from it and get something without a history. Because now it will always be on your mind when you drive the damaged car.

KurtDog

Established Member
In continuing my search for a Coyote car, I found what looked to be a nice deal on an11' A6 premium with mileage in the low 30's. Everything looked good until I found the carfax, which showed "Accident Reported" and in the column to the left it said North Carolina Damage Report as the source. It is showing a clean title, and the car is on the lot at a Ford dealer. I called the internet sales guy, and he didn't really know much beyond the fact that he thought they did something to refinish the rear bumper. May be related, may just be typical used car refurbishment. I did have him send me the Oasis report which showed nothing out of the ordinary. Besides a physical examination, is there anything else I can do to try and track down any information on what this accident was all about and what damage the car really received? The car is about 2 hours away so if I'd like to learn as much as possible before venturing down there.
Thanks guys

Buy my car. '12 Brembo 5.0 M6 Race Red. $28.5K with 16K on the clock.

I guarantee no accidents.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-v6-buy-sell-368/949133-fs-socal-2012-gt-premium-race-red-coupe.html

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do not purchase ANYTHING you are not 100% satisfied with. You questioning this car tells me you need to run away from it and get something without a history. Because now it will always be on your mind when you drive the damaged car.

Excellent advice!

alex3610

Established Member

You are right. Unless I can be 100% certain what happened with this car and I am 100% happy with how it was fixed (not a likely scenario), then I will go elsewhere. There has GOT to be a nice 11' premium A6 in the low 20's around here somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread