advice for NC blet state test

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
just finished blet in N.C and the state test is on 2-5-2010. I got most of my traning obj answered and bunch of highlighted info. Could i get some advice on how to study for the state test. what worked for some of you?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Tough to say. All that you learned will be in there,or parts here and there. Go back over the notes you took, any copies of tests. Will there be a "pre-test"? Its a huge test and when I took it back in 94, I believe they allowed 6 hours????

4camwonder

Established Member
just finished blet in N.C and the state test is on 2-5-2010. I got most of my traning obj answered and bunch of highlighted info. Could i get some advice on how to study for the state test. what worked for some of you?

I have a really comprehensive study guide from when I did BLET. pm me your email and ill try and get it scan'd and pdf'd for you by the weekend.

also, I don't know how well it will work, as I didn't study for the state exam. hell I don't study for any exam... but I will say that only one individual failed out of my class of almost 30, and he was able to make the section up and get his certification. The average grade in our class for the state exam was low 90's, so that to me says a lot for the study guide i have.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Are they giving you the new scenario based one or the one with test questions? Look over those notes. If you have made it this far then you will make it. Just look over it all. We had one person in our class that did not make it but he was able to re take two sections and he got his cert. as well.

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
at first they said we would take the new scenario based test and if we passed we passed but if we failed it it wouldnt count we would then get to take the old test. as of last week they said we are just getting the old test. i cant wait to get it over with

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
The new state test is totally different than the old test, I took the new pilot in December, and the biggest things to study are arrest search and seizure, traffic accident investigation, motor vehicle law, and civil process. Arrest search and seizure is HUGE though.

BOOMER23

Established Member
best advice i can give is try not to freak out...its a big test but as long as you have paid attention and want to excel and you do some decent studying youll be just fine...

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
go back through your block exams and retake them, study them. if you did well through the class on those end of block tests, you will do well on the state exam.

the exam is designed so no one will ACE it. there are a few questions that will make you go WTF? - you wont remember covering anything like it....

here is one i remember that i missed.

it went something like this.

Q: on a handicapped tranportation van, where is the switch located that lowers the lift?

i selected something like " on the dash panel " but the answer was " behind the left headlight "

i know that is crazy, but just about everyone in my class missed that question.

I am not looking forward to re attending come november.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
ya there was definitely some weird questions that are no where in your block's of instruction and you have to make an educated guess, but seriously arrest search and seizure is HUGE.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
as i remember, juvenile law, civil process and search and seizures where the main focus. there wasnt too many questions involving medical treatments. i do remember one question about assisting in child birth.

dont remember how the question was phrased, but it was a sceanrio based question like " you are aissisting with a woman giving child birth, what is the first thing you need? "

first answer was A) boiled water B)clean sheets and 2 other answers that made you really think... I selected Clean sheets and got it right. it was the most logical of the 4. boiled water is something you only see on TV.

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
4 more days:read: iv been looking at all my highlighted notes to refresh my memory. I feel pretty good about it im just ready to get it over with

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Good luck. Get plenty of rest before the test. You have made it this far you will do fine on the test just relax

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
good luck on your test tommorow, let us know how you do. in my class, they graded your test as soon as you were done and gave you your grade. i did better than i thought i would.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Its a long weekend that is for sure. We found out the same day and that was a long few hours. It would be crazy to wait all weekend. How do you feel about it? I know when a lot of people walked out of the test that i took they all thought they failed it. Got the results and was all 80's and 90's. You will do fine.

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
THAT WAS A LONG WEEKEND MAN. well i passed and it feels like the earth just lifted off my shoulders now its time to get a job. Thanks for all your help guys

Users who are viewing this thread