AFS Wheels screwed me!!

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Anybody looking for AFS wheels Chrome 18x9 03 Cobra style rims good luck. I have to vent here I ordered these rims early friday morning off line with 4 Chrome 18x9 03 Cobra style rims with Kumho 275 35 R18 wheels all the way around. So its all good.... WRONG! I get voice mail on my phone Friday afternoon saying they don't sell them tires anymore. I trying calling them back they are closed already and are closed sat and sun. I call back monday and talk to some Lady that has no idea what is going on she says she will call me back to let me know what other tires they can offer me, I'm like ok cool.. I wait a couple hours don't hear anything. So i call them back right before they close they already got the answering machine on!!! Then i decide to write them an e-mail tellig them my situation.... Never get an e-mail back. So I call today and talk to another lady keeps me on hold saying she can't find my order and that they are all out of Rims (03 Chrome 18x9) I am so ticked off. She said she could put me on waiting list and they don't know when they are getting more in stock. :mj: :mj: Sorry for the long post i needed to vent. The reason i am so pissed is that i had my order in already and they did not save me set i had total bill and everything and yet no rims!!!!!! Thank god they didn't charge me :( :( So i'm threw with them! Can you tell me about other good looking rims for my cobra and post pics and where you got them from. I like more of the 5-spoke theme and i want chrome 18x9s.

Last edited:

ModsAway

Established Member
If you are set on the replica wheels may i suggest you try these:

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=192878&prmenbr=361

The 18x9 chrome are $289 each. May I also suggest that you put the 10.5 inch wheels on the rear and larger tires. You will likely have to run spacers though so if your initial thought is to stay away from spacers then I understand the (4)18x9 wheels.

I bought my replica 10.5 wheels for the rear of my car from these guys and have had no problems.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Afs Wheels

Sorry to hear about your trouble with AFS. I was looking at online tire and they have Detroit Wheels in the 03 Cobra style for 235.00 ea. Thats almost 100.00 less per wheel than AFS. I don't have any current knowledge or experience with the Detroit Wheel brand. Perhaps someone can advise on their quality.
Good Luck!

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
trublu said:
Heres another place that has the 18" chromies, 18x9's only $260 too. Dunno about the quality or customer service but they have the best prices ive seen. o yea, free shipping too.

http://www.customwheelsmarket.com./muwhri20svtc.html

I bought chrome 17x9 and 17x10.5 Bullits from them when I had my 03 GT. I thought i had ordered the deep dish 10.5's but apparently they don't offer those. The face is the same as the front, they just changed the offset. If I looked at the pic when i ordered them though, i would have seen that. Quality was fine, but they were heavy as hell.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Did you order them from their website, or through Ebay? If it was on their website, and they didn't charge you for wheels that weren't in stock, I don't see why you're so pissed. It's annoying to talk to the women that work there, as they never know anything. Regardless, they didn't charge you and stated they would put you on the list. That's why it's better to call in your orders. They still should've called!

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys I like the 03 replicas wheels at wheel replicas.com but they are only 17x9's. like i said i want some 18x9 i am trying to stay way from spacers. I don't know what i want i need some more ideas. I want to pick something soon before i get my car out of storage. Does anybody have any pictures of 18inch 03 cobra replicas that are not from AFS??? If you can you do please post.

Last edited:

Trmin8r

Established Member
I bought two sets of wheels from them off of eBay. I really didn't have problems with shipping nor did I purchase tires. My only problem is that, since they are made in China, their quality control isn't as good. I got three of the four wheels on, but the last one... well, the hole for the lug nut wouldn't allow for a socket to fit in it. I had to find a socket and make it fit.... That was fun. I won't buy another set from them, I would probably go with Detroit

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Trm thanks for the info. I am thinking about the ones from detroit wheels also. But i am not sure about the look and quality. I want to see some pics of them on a cobra or any mustang. So if omebody gots pics please post.

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
ModsAway said:
If you are set on the replica wheels may i suggest you try these:

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=192878&prmenbr=361

The 18x9 chrome are $289 each. May I also suggest that you put the 10.5 inch wheels on the rear and larger tires. You will likely have to run spacers though so if your initial thought is to stay away from spacers then I understand the (4)18x9 wheels.

I bought my replica 10.5 wheels for the rear of my car from these guys and have had no problems.

as long as you put 295's on 10.5's you don't need a spacer. i know because i own'em :)

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
YOu can also run 315 Nitto's on the 10.5 without spacers. I had no problems with AFS, and the wheels are great! Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Jpjr said:
as long as you put 295's on 10.5's you don't need a spacer. i know because i own'em :)
Jpjr you own the detroit replica rims??? If you do can please post up some pictures and tell me what you think about the rim. Also do are stock SVT centercaps fit in these rim?

Last edited:

ModsAway

Established Member
I have the detroit wheels... somehow I guess you missed my very first response...

I think the quality is great (though I have not seen AFS wheels), the match is almost identical (i have never had anyone notice but I know the difference). I left the cobra center caps they come with in so I don't know if the stock SVT caps would fit but I like that my front wheels say SVT and the back have a cobra in them.

My car is also in storage so I don't have any pictures.

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
ModsAway said:
I have the detroit wheels... somehow I guess you missed my very first response...

I think the quality is great (though I have not seen AFS wheels), the match is almost identical (i have never had anyone notice but I know the difference). I left the cobra center caps they come with in so I don't know if the stock SVT caps would fit but I like that my front wheels say SVT and the back have a cobra in them.

My car is also in storage so I don't have any pictures.
Damn i saw that post mine my bad. I just wish someone had pic of these wheels.. Oh well maybe some one will post.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
discounttiredirect.com or discount tire.com or mustangracing.com all have replica 03 chrome cobra rim's.

Users who are viewing this thread