After market throttle body issues.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Since I had my car dyno tuned it has had an erratic idle and howl out of the air filter and when I hard excellerate it shows failsafe engine mode on the dash.. Ford found my air idle control was showing a bad code so I had to order an entire new TB to get the part. Needless to say it didn't fix the problem. The tuner called today and said to take the Whipple TB off because SCT told him on the phone that numerous GT500's were having tuning problems with aftermarket TB's on the electronic TB. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I think he needs to adjust his tune since it was fine before. :shrug:

maniax racing

Established Member
Since I had my car dyno tuned it has had an erratic idle and howl out of the air filter and when I hard excellerate it shows failsafe engine mode on the dash.. Ford found my air idle control was showing a bad code so I had to order an entire new TB to get the part. Needless to say it didn't fix the problem. The tuner called today and said to take the Whipple TB off because SCT told him on the phone that numerous GT500's were having tuning problems with aftermarket TB's on the electronic TB. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I think he needs to adjust his tune since it was fine before. :shrug:
Call jon lund all those problems will go away

5.0 guy

Established Member
How do I reach him? I would like to speak with someone that is knowledgable about this issue.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Get a tune from fred at evo and that should solve your problem also or lund as he tunes evo stuff.

I have heard that the 160 t.b takes some time to get right.
If you want to sell it let me know as i want one.

5.0 guy

Established Member
It seems that it drove better on the origional Evo tune, I think that I will contact them and go back to it. The dyno tuner that tuned my car was able to get almost 25 more to the wheels after his tuning but he probably tweeked something a little too far which causing this problem. He himself said their tune was pretty good but ran a little rich in the low end. I just took her out for a spin and the Failsafe mode came on again so I'll just leave her in the garage until I reinstall the tune.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Get a tune from fred at evo and that should solve your problem also or lund as he tunes evo stuff.

I have heard that the 160 t.b takes some time to get right.
If you want to sell it let me know as i want one.

Dan, thanks , but I need this TB for my supercharger upgrade, it's a quality add on and I do reccomend one!
John

RIRENTERGT500

Established Member

I have the same howl coming out of the filter, when I asked fred and Evo, he told me it was normal because of the 4lb lower. It sounds horrible, very high pitched. Im thinking of dumping my evo stage 3 (4lb lower, Mono TB).

maniax racing

Established Member
I have the same howl coming out of the filter, when I asked fred and Evo, he told me it was normal because of the 4lb lower. It sounds horrible, very high pitched. Im thinking of dumping my evo stage 3 (4lb lower, Mono TB).
the howl is not normal and my car use to failsafe until I got Jon to fix it! I make close to 800 rwhp and have no failsafes and no howling anymore!!!! I also have a 4 lb lower

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread