Alpine W505 Double din installed

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Here are a few pics i took of the new head unit tonight.

Gone in 60 Seconds :banana::rockon:

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

Source selection screen

DSC01025.jpg

i used to not get this station (outta Houston) on my other head unit at all in college station (bout 1 and half hours from Houston). but now it comes in clear.

DSC01026.jpg

this shows the on screen controls during dvd playback

DSC01027.jpg

here is a shot of what the unit looks like in the truck.

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

when i pause, change sources, or change songs the sub hits in a unpleasant tone. i dont know if you can hear it in the vid but you can hear the sound quality of the movie and the radio.

[ame="http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x36/bluebolt09/?action=view&current=MOV01032.flv"]MOV01032.flv video by bluebolt09 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

uncooked

Established Member
Very nice !

I have the same one and love it. I just picked up a Ipod (video) so I can load that up and use it with the deck :beer:

Bluebolt

Established Member
very nice !!!! how did the install go?

Alot of cutting and trimming. More than others cause it slides out and tilts. I'll try to get some pics of the extra trimming later.

Be careful with compatiblity with certain iPods. I know the iPhone doesn't work completly. Just make sure the one you have is compatible.

Bluebolt

Established Member
thanks guys. i'm very satisfied with this unit so far other than it not workin with the iphone.

it also has a remote but for some reason it aint workin right now. gonna call alpine tomorrow.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Alot of cutting and trimming. More than others cause it slides out and tilts. I'll try to get some pics of the extra trimming later.

Be careful with compatiblity with certain iPods. I know the iPhone doesn't work completly. Just make sure the one you have is compatible.

How so? I know on my Pioneer my iPhone says that the accessory isn't meant to work with an iPhone but it does. I've never gotten any interference with it or anything. Still charges and plays the iPod as well as does my turn-by-turn navigation.

Bluebolt

Established Member
It will charge it. But sometimes it won't sync up. It will not show the iPod on the source selection screen. Sometimes it will other times it won't. It also won't play videos from the iPhone at all. This is all with the 3gs iPhone btw.

Users who are viewing this thread