Amazing Slot Car Track

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
jesus that doesnt look fun at all. Like do they have someone counting the laps each car does and its a race to see who can finish the most laps in an allotted time?

joveysvt

Constant Lurker
Established Member
jesus that doesnt look fun at all. Like do they have someone counting the laps each car does and its a race to see who can finish the most laps in an allotted time?

^ I'm thinking it has sensors for each lane.

Talk about fast!
:uh oh:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Constructive critique...

I just don't see how that's enjoyable at all. Just my opinion...

Although it was funny watching the operators looking around like cats
watching a laser on the wall... LOL

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
The site is down where the vid is pulled but im guessing these were group 7 or group 27 1/24th scale slot cars. if so im sure its the class called wing cars. Each lane is counted by a computer and there isa start finish line. I used to race these and trust me they arent cheap. The motors feature cobalt magnets and can run up to 400 bucks...more if tuned by a pro. The controlers alone can cost upwards of 200+ and feature progressive brake and throttle controls.
Mind you if you are serious about racing these you have to have back ups.....several sets of tires..gears..bodies..wing kits..everything. Thats why i mainly stuck to 1.24th scale drag racing..those very same motors could pull 120+mph..and no not scale speed..actual speed on a 55ft track. The faster cars would travel that 55ft in UNDER 4 tenths of a second. I used to work a slot car track/ hobby shop so yeah i spent thousands of bucks on these lol.

http://www.koford.com/slot/pics.html check outt he price of the top two controllers lol

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread