Amsoil 10w40 and Amsoil conical air filter EAAU4560 installed

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I drained the 1-year old 1400 mile Motorcraft 5w50 today and captured an oil sample to send in. I was using a Purolator PureOne PL24652 oil filter and JLT oil-based air filter. I'll mail off the oil sample in the next day or so and post up the results. Being overseas, the car wasn't driven much but I wanted to get the Ford oil out of there.

I replaced the oil with Amsoil 10w40 and used an EAO-11 oil filter as well as EAAU4560 conical air filter. Amsoil needs to make a longer air filter for our cars.

I also replaced the cabin filter again with a Wix 24687. The Wix cabin filter fit nice and snug. It has a felt like material on both ends to form a nice seal and the side wings fit over the tabs like the factory unit. Seems to be a better fit than the TYC in the how-to. Both sides of my factory filter were pretty dirty at only 6200 miles. I followed this how-to: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-279/744589-cabin-air-filter-replacement.html Do look inside your cowl for debri - I found some random clear cylindrical cap about 1 inch long down there.

I'll replace the trans fluid in a few weeks with Amsoil when I schedule some things to be installed.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I've used them for years, always happy with the EAO line of filters. Better than the oil-based filters IMHO.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I prefer the quality and filtering ability of Amsoil EAO series of filters.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Will that part number air filter work ona 2012? I am getting close to another oil change and with 10k I am thinking about doing the JLT carbon intake and new filter. I was going to use the blue airaid, but...

How long does the Amsoil air filter last? Is it reusable?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here is the background on the air filter and how long it lasts. It is not reusable since it is not oil based, which is a good thing. Filters better, flows great, and no residue in the air inlet. I've used them for years on other cars.

AMSOIL Ea Synthetic Nanofiber Air Filter (EaA)

It is a universal conical filter so you just need the inlet diameter for the filter which JLT should be able to provide you. If you get the normal JLT intake, I suspect it will fit just fine but ask them if the inlet is the same as the 07-09.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Are you asking or making a statement?

I'm asking. Not dismissing any claims just trying to get a handle on how much of a difference there really is between all these reputable air filter makers.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Will that part number air filter work ona 2012?

To my knowledge, the only aftermarket filters that fit the 2011+ GT500 OEM airbox is Air Raid. If someone could provide me with the inner flange diameter and overall length of a stock 2011+ OEM filter...I may be able to locate an Amsoil cross reference.

How long does the Amsoil air filter last? Is it reusable?

4 years/100,000 miles

comparisson_dia.jpg

You can see in this picture that nano fibers have the capability to filter much smaller particles, while still flowing good cfm.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, the only aftermarket filters that fit the 2011+ GT500 OEM airbox is Air Raid. If someone could provide me with the inner flange diameter and overall length of a stock 2011+ OEM filter...I may be able to locate an Amsoil cross reference.

4 years/100,000 miles

comparisson_dia.jpg

You can see in this picture that nano fibers have the capability to filter much smaller particles, while still flowing good cfm.

OP sorry not trying to hijack your thread here but I got something on my mind since we are talking amsoil air filters too.

So I'm running a 4x12 S&B conical air filter on my 03. Does Amsoil have a match for me?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's all good - as long as the thread is useful to people, I don't mind what route it takes :)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
OP sorry not trying to hijack your thread here but I got something on my mind since we are talking amsoil air filters too.

So I'm running a 4x12 S&B conical air filter on my 03. Does Amsoil have a match for me?

Amsoil EaAU4090

Here is a complete list of every cone filter they manufacturer.

filterchart.jpg

all you have to do is measure your existing filter and compare to the chart above.

There is more good information about cfm testing, information about other sizes, and other info in this thread.

Click here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread