An Offer I Just Refused

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Haha, thats a pretty crappy offer honestly.

Give me a Roush 427R for the week and I *might* consider it.

I'm not sure what good this is going to do them because most of us mod our cars anyway.

03CobraDude

Black Mach 1 said:
It sounds like a scam.

I agree. It just doesn't seem right. They're going to keep a car that they built as their top of the line model for 2003/2004, and in return, they're going to give you a Taurus and 100 dollars? On top of that, they're going to put miles on your car.

I find it hard to believe that Ford does not understand that over half of the cobras they've sold have been modded. Obviously, some are running with O/R X pipes, so the emissions testing would fail.

However, they do offer that phone number. Someone doing a scam would not be foolish enough to put a phone number on there like that.

The only plus to this, that I can see, is that they're going to vacuum and wash your car.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
harry gilbert said:
"Are you kidding? You want me to hand over my Cobra to some unknown people for 5-10 days to run on a dyno and make "repairs and adjustments" in exchange for the loaner of..... a Taurus? Maybe for a Ford GT, but for heaven's sake, not for a Taurus. And if by any chance I were to agree to this, it would be for 1 day, with me present during the testing, and with no repairs or adjustments without my permission. And, of course, you would be totally responsible for ANYTHING that went wrong with the car, or ANY damage. Thanks, but no thanks."

Sheesh, they don't even offer the loaner of a Roush racing vehicle

f*ck that. good answer. i would have said the same!

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
They never said what condition the Taurus had to be in when they pick it up:poke:

I would do it just to beat the piss out of someone elses car for no reason at all....But I dont have a Cobra so it probably easier for me to say that

logan_yomtov

Established Member
sounds a little optimistic on their part for them to beleive someone would actually go along with this.....

Maybe if they offered a $3000 gift certificate for FRPP or something, it would motivate some people, otherwise, you'd have to be a sucker...

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe they send the letters out to make the EPA happy. They prolly know there will be no takers and just tell the epa goons "hey we tried to get test cars but no body wanted to do it".

I at least hope it was like that and not really someone thinking someone would actually do this.

Users who are viewing this thread