ANOTHER ABS question.....thoughts?

raw23062

Established Member
I've read through here looking for my answer but most ABS issues I see deal with ABS lights staying on. My ABS light now comes on EVERY drive but then goes off after driving the car for about 3-10 miles. It usually starts my drives off, then comes on early on in the drive and then it always goes off eventually after some time. Sometimes it comes on during normal cruising down the road at 55mph and other times it will come on right after getting on it a little bit....of course everytime I have it in the garage it's off and there are no codes. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Speed Demon

Established Member
Unplug the electrical connector on the ABS module and check it for corrosion. If any is found clean with an electrical contact cleaner and apply some di-electric grease to the connector.

Dirk_Pitt

Established Member
Cleaning the electrical connection is good advise. If that doesn't fix it, go to CheapABS.com and read some of their information. My ABS light was doing crazy things and I chased wheel sensors, wires, cleaning connectors, etc. I finally found an old post on here that referenced CheapABS and sent them my module. Very fast turn around time and my ABS has been perfect ever since. There is a known problem with the Bosch supplied modules and these guys can fix it.

The ABS module is located under the hood, on the passenger side frame-rail, next to the radiator. It is the junction block looking contraption that all of the brake lines converge into. You can remove the ABS electronics without even venting the brake lines.

raw23062

Established Member
Hey, thanks alot for the good info. I'll take a look when I get home this evening. I appreciate the help! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread