Antenna removal

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
I'm exploring options on removing my antenna. I like how 04sleeper has his.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...difications-212/178554-replace-antenna-2.html

but when I removed my antenna and base and looked at the Cobra R plate they were slightly different sizes. Also the 3 "nut plates" for the screws are slightly raised above the fender.

2381430antennahole(3)(Medium).JPG

2381429antennahole(2)(Medium).JPG

2381431antennahole(4)(Medium).JPG

I'm assuming every mustang is the same and I should just stick the Cobra R plate over the hole and expect the adhesive to stick to the raised portion.

Also does anyone have any experience with this type of hidden antenna? The Dakota Digial ANT-1000 or it's ebay Korean knock off (for $20)?

Dakota Digital ANT-1000 - Dakota Digital Electronic Antennas - summitracing.com

Thanks alot fellas

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'm exploring options on removing my antenna. I like how 04sleeper has his.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...difications-212/178554-replace-antenna-2.html

but when I removed my antenna and base and looked at the Cobra R plate they were slightly different sizes. Also the 3 "nut plates" for the screws are slightly raised above the fender.

I'm assuming every mustang is the same and I should just stick the Cobra R plate over the hole and expect the adhesive to stick to the raised portion.

Also does anyone have any experience with this type of hidden antenna? The Dakota Digial ANT-1000 or it's ebay Korean knock off (for $20)?

Dakota Digital ANT-1000 - Dakota Digital Electronic Antennas - summitracing.com

Thanks alot fellas
This may help.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/4699682-post14.html

I just stuck it over the raised section and have not had any problems thus far.

The Cobra R plate is a little smaller than the stock one so you have to position it just right. Also you will have to try to buff the paint around the raised section to rid of the line that the old antenna plate leaves.

Good luck.

SpectorV

Established Member
hmm not bad but if its between the delete plate or just buying a short antenna I will stick with the shorty as it looks cleaner~ the plate looks out of place as it does nothing. The only way to do it and do it right is to fill the hole and repaint :(

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Hey sleeper, just ordered the delete plate, got any pics of the final product?

Jason
Here, this should help.
143173.jpg

I was not really a fan of the shorty antenna. To me it really looks much more out of place than the delete plate. Guess it's all personal preference.

The best way would be to fill in the hole and paint it, but if you ever wanted to put your stock antenna back on you would be screwed.

antiv6

Established Member
if your gona ditch the radio for a plate why not put one of the little black satellite radio receivers there?

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
i had this plate. Be advised to really let it cure when you apply it (adhesives) I had mine and only let it sit for about a half hour in 50 degree whether and it came off after 10 minutes of driving. I would let it sit overnight with a book or some weight to really insure the adhesives bond to the paint

or do this
AntennaDelete2.jpg

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
who needs an antenna...

IMG_3439.jpg

This is the ultimate goal for me, I've got some slight fender damage that was there when I bought the car. My plan is to find a new fender or have this one repaired and shave the hole completely when I do that. This is just a temporary solution. I HATE the Ford antenna's, I put a shorty on and I still think it takes away from the look of the car.

Jason

f2hatch

Established Member
My car is in the shop now getting the antena shaved and some custom paint:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread