Anthrax

Ginsu

Established Member
who else is getting hammered by 54 white powderery susbstance? A least my supervisors are good and intercede by telling dispatch to have fire respond and if they need us we will come later. Sorry I will not be a blue canary! Plus fire has all the hazmat equipment anyway.

Some of these calls are really stupid, like "on my way home I saw some white substance on the side of the road..."

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
OMG tell me about, people are spilling there own baking powder or flour and then finding some left on the counter and screaming Anthrax LOL. This is getting WAAAYYYYY out of proportion. The Wal-Mart here is the worst...it seems like EVERY box the open, they think that the dust from the cardboard or styrofoam is anthrax....It's geting VERY old VERY fast!!!

aj0538

Established Member
Hey GINSU---One of our zone 2 guys got sent to a 54 (suspicious for everyone wondering) pen----AN INK PEN--- in a ladies driveway. AHHH, its good to not be in a beat. The only white powdery substance we get equals a felony.

MidnightSVT

The worst was some fool around here that dropped a box of powdered dounuts on the floor, and called the local FD because a "white powder" came out of the box.
I did not make this up!!

Ginsu

Established Member
AJ that does not suprise me at all! Even though Webb is no longer the Commander, Zone 4 is still East Cobb! So with out saying anymore you can imagine some of the calls we get! LOL!

Yup, terrorist are accomplishing their goals! With no help from the media! :mj: :bash: :dw: :xxplode:

aj0538

Established Member
Cobb Hospital had a "white powdery substance" in the ultrasound room. The Haz-Mat truck came out and determined it was not anthrax. I read where a guy somewhere in the midwest takes an iron to all his mail prior to opening it "just to be safe".

I need to buy stock in Cipro.

Josh

Established Member
WTF? Tell me people arn`t that stupid....please....a suspicious pen? Isn`t that like calling 911 and hanging up? IT`s all kind of funny, but kind of disapointing at the same time that people are giving in to terrorism.

Ginsu

Established Member
Sorry guys I am going quote crazy! LOL...

Originally posted by Josh
WTF? Tell me people arn`t that stupid....please....a suspicious pen? Isn`t that like calling 911 and hanging up? IT`s all kind of funny, but kind of disapointing at the same time that people are giving in to terrorism.

Sorry Josh but yes they are!!!! Yesterday I had the honor of being the desk officer. Well a woman called and told me that she when to Kroger and amongst the things she was getting, a bottle of water had brown flakey stuff in it. She took to the manager and they said they would let the distributer know. Well, to make a long story short she wanted me to go pick up the bottle of water so the company would not sweep it under the rug. Oh she also told me that the bottle still had its safety seal. Anyway I told her a major company uses automation and that it was 99.9% safe. Very very unlikely some one came in and sabatoged just 1 bottle with a substance that could be seen. After I told her that there had not been a criminal offense committed I did not have any grounds to go and seize the bottle and there was no need, it would be illegal for me to do so anyway. Well she tried many manipulative ways to get me to do it...no luck. She was made very aware that this was a health issue and that she needed to contact them. Finally she said that she was disappointed with my attitude but understood that I could not do anything since there had not been any criminal activity. (Note I was very perfessional and patient with her). Well at this point I was sick of listening to her :sleeping: and the last comment about my attitude kind of pissed :fm: me off so I promptly let her know that "I just can't re right the law to suit your needs when she wanted" She appologized and said she under stood and thanked me for my help. Then the bitch called complained about me! And well, Sgt Meeks called her back and basicly told her the same thing. And she was satisfied! And believe it or not she said I was very polite :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? . Dispatched called me right before the complaint came in to give me heads up. She had called the dispatch super and told him that I was unprofessional :-? :bash:

Umm sig 24!!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
This is sooo dumb, if people would sit and think about it for about 3 and a half seconds they will realize that the terrorists have already won! Geeez people are running about like they are chickens with their heads cut off. The whole point of terrorism isn’t to necessarily abolish life, but to create a fear that, that will actually happen and in doing so have made the quality of life in America right as of now total crap.
It is our duty as "Red Blooded Americans" to stand up and help our fellow man overcome the fears of his/her heart. Otherwise we are no better than the third world countries that terrorism has already dominated.
We are not like other countries, but if we succumb to fear mongering and terrorist ideologies we will no longer be the super power that we are now!
How is that going to effect me you ask? Well let me answer you that. We will no longer share the freedoms that we so much take for granted that 90% of the world do not posses. The freedom to come and go as we please. The freedom of speech. The freedom to congregate. The freedom to choose where we buy groceries. The freedom to go worship in our churches/synagogues on Sundays. ALL the fundamental freedoms we have our at jeopardy here. I dont want to lose them, do you?

-Zach

Last edited:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I think the damn media just makes it worse. Sure we want to know what's going on, but damn, they seem to get off on creating more terror than reporting it. Sometimes.

Unfortunately, it's a ratings game. A scary headline that will draw you in to get you to watch their show is sometimes used. Over dramatizing a miniscule incident to get you to watch THEIR channel/station. It's BULLSH*T! :mj: :gt: :mj: :fm: :xpl:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Just a footnote:
Ever notice that CNN always has "Breaking News" at the bottom of their screen, even though they're playing the same news stories over and over and over and over........

:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread