Any business owners in here? Credit card question

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
I own a pizza shop along with my father. It is take out/delivery only, and has been open since 1992, and isnt doing too bad especially in this economy. My dad is pretty old school and was/is against credit cards, as a pizza shop is primarily a cash business. Well, as of late, everyone and thier mother wants to pay using a card. I couldnt let potential/frequent customers stray from my shop, so ive been calling some credit card orders in over the phone to a merchant service type thing. This is all fine and dandy, but for deliveries, i have to take the card number down over the phone, and sometimes we make mistakes, especially with the volume of cards lately. Also , I usually call the cards in maybe 2 times per week, and sometimes the cards are denied and i have to track people down, which i really dont enjoy doing.

does anyone have experience/advice as to what kind of card machine to use? i would really like some sort of wireless one so i could send it on deliveries and know at the transaction if the card is good or not. what am i looking at paying? what kind of percent would i be getting per transaction. right now its something rediculous like 5 percent.

thanks!!

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Dont pay a monthly rate for a mobile c/c machine:bored: Run the cards as you take the order with full name on card and code on back. Ask for ID when you get there.:shrug: STOP MAKING MISTAKES!

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
I think it would be too expensive and problematic to try to process cards in the delivery cars. I agree with the above ^

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies guys. I actually do have a POS system and they are local to me. Im giving them a call today to see what they can do for me as far as machines go.

As far as mistakes, its about 50% customer 50% my dad when he take the orders. Ive made one mistake in the last 6 months:-D

99cobra302

Established Member
doees your POS system have a credit card reader built in? if it does, then all you should need to do is call the vendor and set up the CC processing info and connect your server to a phone line or high speed interenet connection and you will be set.

Users who are viewing this thread