Any interest in a Group Buy on a Killer Chiller?

Doug1227

Established Member
Thanks! We're HALF WAY THERE! I think the reservoir that comes with the Roush kit might be decent already. I think it's bigger than the one with my KB. The ones that came on the Factory GT500's is TINY!

kingnut

Established Member
man that website looks like its from 1996. in to see the results of this setup.

Doug1227

Established Member
Haha... yeah, it could use a revamp for sure. I'm planning on doing a full write-up on my car for you guys. I think the install may vary a little depending on what SC we're running, but the general concept will be the same.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
man that website looks like its from 1996. in to see the results of this setup.

Lol...Yep, its way outdated, that's why I'm looking for someone who can update it for me. Its one of those deals where you're always saying I'll get around to it soon, but then something else more pressing comes up.

Anyway, we've been manufacturing and selling these kits for 12 years, just do a search here for Killer Chiller to see the results. Most of the kits sold here have been for the 03-04 Cobras, but this kit works the same for the S197.

Also, just so everyone knows, I back this kit 100%. If for some reason you're not happy, I'll either fix it, or give you a full refund. I pride myself on customer support.

- Joe

Joe,

How does this Drag Kit work?

Willie

The kit uses a 12V refrigerant valve, allowing you to shut off the refrigerant to the evaporator. This prevents dripping at the track. If you do a lot of drag racing at the track, then this might be worthwhile for you. Otherwise you'd need to turn the A/C off before staging and then turn it back on after going thru the traps. This way your IC fluid will be nice and cold before the next pass.

- Joe

olaosunt

Established Member
Hey I may be interested
I have a Roush TVS with 69mm pulley on my 9.5 alluminator.
In the recent heat just driving around town the car feels down on power.I was just about to get the VMP heat exchanger but wondering if this would be better or do I need both?

Doug1227

Established Member
One or the other. Most people running the KC will bypass the HX in the warmer months since it is trying to get the water to ambient. The KC can get the fluid lower than ambient. Now's the time if you're interested! Read up on it and let me know.

Willie

Established Member
Hey I may be interested
I have a Roush TVS with 69mm pulley on my 9.5 alluminator.
In the recent heat just driving around town the car feels down on power.I was just about to get the VMP heat exchanger but wondering if this would be better or do I need both?

You do not need both. In fact, the KC cools the fluid below ambient, so the HE would work against the system and RAISE the fluid temp. That's why Doug is saying that most who run the KC bypass the HE.

I'm going with the KC for two reasons. It is HOT in Southern Arizona. My IAT2 temps once heat soak has set in runs over 140 deg. In my tune, I start pulling timing at 140 deg. My stock tune starts pulling timing at 125 deg. I'm uncomfortable running the car this hot. Secondly, I like to drag race. I went a couple of weeks ago. By the time I got to the track, my IAT2 temp was, you guessed it, over 140 deg. So I bought a bag of ice and laid it on top of the blower. It took about 90 minutes to get the temp down to 110 deg. I ran the car. By the time I got back to the pits, my temp was again over 140 deg. By this time, my bag of ice was half melted and dripping rather severely. I did not put it back on top of my engine, so I waited it out. I got impatient after TWO hours. My temp was still in the 120s so I called it a night and went home. So for all this effort, I was able to run ONCE. I knew there had to be a better way. It's called a killer chiller.

Willie

Last edited:

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
So am I going to be negating the benefits by running the KC w/the stock Roush HE?

In Vegas heat, sitting at a light for any length of time, the highest I've seen my IATs climb was 174 degrees. Granted, it will come down as soon as I get some air across it but definitely notice the power-loss.

Doug1227

Established Member
Wow, I thought TX was bad... the highest I ever see is after the car has been turned off and back on. It'll come back down, but still hangs around in the high 140's-150. That's in city driving. I'm looking forward to installing it too!

Users who are viewing this thread