Any other cooling mod ideas? Getting a Dual Fan H/E

Bulldogger

Established Member
Funny I was just editing my post because I forgot to mention the intercooler fluid:beer:

DaFreak

Established Member
only 450.00 if you only ship him the case.

Did you pull the rotor pack too or is that part of the case?

Use tap water from your water hose to flush out the intercooler core and heat exchanger. When all the anti-freeze is gone, re-assemble the system, burp the system, and add Coolant Boost (1 bottle). I think once you get all the anti-freeze out of the system, you should notice a difference in your datalogs.

So you pulled the IC out for this? If so, I should do the POSI port and IC flush at the same time (so I only have to pull the SC once).

Porting a blower usually lowers downstream IAT's about 20*-25* this was the case at least in the Ford lightning trucks. I think the GT500 blowers are better from the factory but will still see a benefit of reduced IAT's.

Nice! I like the sound of that.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Did you pull the rotor pack too or is that part of the case?

Yes, the rotor pack was removed, and it's VERY heavy. In fact, it's why the supercharger weighs so much.

So you pulled the IC out for this? If so, I should do the POSI port and IC flush at the same time (so I only have to pull the SC once).

No, you don't have to remove it. You disconnect the top hose from the coolant tank, start the car or manually engage the IC pump (preferred method), put the water hose into the top of the IC tank. The pump will continue to empty the IC tank, and you are constantly replacing the fluid with straight water. When the fluid coming out of the top hose is clear, you are done. Reconnect the hose, pour in Coolant boost, and top off the tank with water. Doing it this way makes air removal very easy.

Last edited:

DaFreak

Established Member
Yes, the rotor pack was removed, and it's VERY heavy. In fact, it's why the supercharger weighs so much.

No, you don't have to remove it. You disconnect the top hose from the coolant tank, start the car or manually engage the IC pump (preferred method), put the water hose into the top of the IC tank. The pump will continue to empty the IC tank, and you are constantly replacing the fluid with straight water. When the fluid coming out of the top hose is clear, you are done. Reconnect the hose, pour in Coolant boost, and top off the tank with water. Doing it this way makes air removal very easy.

Thanks Beast!

DaFreak

Established Member
Got the IC and HE flushed and refilled with Amsoil coolant booster and tap water. I also got to use my Airlift (for the first time) kit to remove the air pockets in the line and it worked great. The fluid is flowing really good now, better than I remember. Makes me wonder if I had a small air pocket in there before.

The next dry day (a few days from now) I'll do some data logging and post up. It should be interesting to see what kind of difference it makes.

DaFreak

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Good deal, can't wait to see the difference. If this change alone makes our testing numbers real close, we know what to recommend to others.

If not, we will look elsewhere.

DaFreak

Established Member
Updated Datalogs with AmsOil Coolant booster

Starting to close the gap. It was 61 deg and dry here today so took er out for another data log spin. Got some good speed on this one too:
wams.jpg

a 46 deg spread now, down from 53/54. Looks like the coolant booster is working.

What do you think Beast?

DaFreak

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Starting to close the gap. It was 61 deg and dry here today so took er out for another data log spin. Got some good speed on this one too:
wams.jpg

a 46 deg spread now, down from 53/54. Looks like the coolant booster is working.

What do you think Beast?

DaFreak

So you experienced an 8*F drop in IAT2 by going to a straight water/coolant boost mixture. That's good news, we know it works. I'd say that was a big portion of the difference. If you were to get a ported blower and larger elbow, you may post numbers better than mine. Due to your extra snorkel of course, as your numbers are darn close to mine now. I would say I have little, to no difference now, and a small margin if any.

@ 133 mph, my temp was 1*F higher than your difference
@ 115 mpg, my temp was 7*F lower than your difference
My average difference is 4*F lower than your average

I'd say the Coolant Boost was the ticket for you. Now get that blower ported, a larger elbow, and test again. :beer:

I bet you would beat me then.

We still don't have similar setups to determine which core gets the job done better.

Last edited:

A DuB

Established Member
The Killer chiller seems like a great idea for the street. However at the track, the officials might frown upon AC use while in the staging lanes.

Users who are viewing this thread