anybody going to pacific on the 9th?

whippleblown03

Established Member
it all depends on weather for me! and if i get my level 5 half shafts! dont feel like driving all that way to get rained out! hoping for a low 11 or high 10. and the boot off the track! then i have to install my roll bar!

2bfeard

Established Member
Rain

Well, I was ready for my first 8 sec run, but for the second time in three weeks, god gave me rain. so I spent the day puttin a new tune in her, she sounds pissed of. Next weekend I'll be going down to Bremerton for a Npsaracing.com race, its Sat and Sun, It will be the first time I have to use the chute to slow her down, anything over 145mph you run out of track. See ya soon at the track.

whippleblown03

Established Member
2bfeard said:
Well, I was ready for my first 8 sec run, but for the second time in three weeks, god gave me rain. so I spent the day puttin a new tune in her, she sounds pissed of. Next weekend I'll be going down to Bremerton for a Npsaracing.com race, its Sat and Sun, It will be the first time I have to use the chute to slow her down, anything over 145mph you run out of track. See ya soon at the track.

Have you had your car at Brian Macy dyno in oly? i think its your car he was telling me about today!

Threw my car on that dyno today! was pretty happy with the # :thumbsup:

his dyno reads 10-12% lower than most other dynos ! my A/F is real fat by his tailpipe wide band! my LM-I is also showing mid 10's on the A/F
2.8 eatons make about 440 tops on his dyno!
528hp/530tq correction factor of 12% puts it at 591/593! i will get a little better tune for the A/F and then see what it runs at the track!

Last edited:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
whippleblown03 said:
Have you had your car at Brian Macy dyno in oly? i think its your car he was telling me about today!

Threw my car on that dyno today! was pretty happy with the # :thumbsup:

his dyno reads 10-12% lower than most other dynos ! my A/F is real fat by his tailpipe wide band! my LM-I is also showing mid 10's on the A/F
2.8 eatons make about 440 tops on his dyno!
528hp/530tq correction factor of 12% puts it at 591/593! i will get a little better tune for the A/F and then see what it runs at the track!
Dang good numbers... will only get better with the tune getting dialed in. Looking through the Macy site looks promising and setup looks nice. True muscle, no-frills dyno/speedshop facility. Definitely would like to take a personal peek into it one day - maybe tag along with you on your next visit.

Today was a rained out wash in every sense of the word. Darn Northwest weather:bash: We'll have to see what next weekend will bring.

whippleblown03

Established Member
brain is a great guy! has tuned a few eaton cobras and is going to do an 03 cobra with a whipple in a few weeks! he uses diablo

$75.00 for 3 pulls or $120hr

i am going to dyno my 1972 Maverick Grabber in a few weeks! i am just curious what its doing!

Brain does a lot of nitros stuff and just bought the company FAST that makes engine managment systems!

i checked out his twin turbo hemi for his boat! WOW

2bfeard

Established Member
Yes, I had my car on Brian's dyno, he also helped build my turbo system!!! Brian is a good friend, and a fellow NPSARACING.COM heads up racer. He has a big shop at his house, every summer he throughs a big dyno party, lets people stay the night. Just a good bunch of people. I'll be racing in Bremerton Sat and Sunday. Npsaracacing.com is a headsup racing group, they have two index classes 12.50 and 10.50 et, a dragradial class, prostreet class and then run what ya brung class. cars must run on dot tires. some of you with the faster mustangs should come out and have some fun with us.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
2bfeard said:
I'm taking my 93 cobra out, hoping to get her in the 8's.

I'm headed to Pacific on the 16th, but for the roadcourse.

Drags are for those...

That have faster reaction times than me. :) Good luck on your quest for 8's.

Users who are viewing this thread