Anybody have an engine built by Dynospeed in Memphis?

04cobraken

Established Member
Bought a car with an engine that was built/installed by Dynospeed in Memphis, TN. Anybody else have an engine done by them? Not sure if they assembled it or had a machine shop do it all. Car runs great and was looking for more feedback on their work.

modular89

Established Member
I have had a tuning and motor work done by them. John does good work up there and I would trust him. I have used him to install and degree my cams in my car.

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
I had an 03 that had work done to it by them. It ran like a scalded dog

04cobraken

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys. Reassuring to know that other people had good work done there.
Should have mentioned that I phoned John and he wasn't very helpful. Motor was done in 2010 and he said he didn't have records back that far.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys. Reassuring to know that other people had good work done there.
Should have mentioned that I phoned John and he wasn't very helpful. Motor was done in 2010 and he said he didn't have records back that far.

That's understandable, he could have assembled the motor on a stand and it was picked up, it happens all the time with us, you don't see the car the motor is going in..

04cobraken

Established Member
Motor was built, installed and tuned at DynoSpeed. No hard feelings towards them, just wished they would have taken more time to look at the build.

Anyways, cars runs strong and I'm happy with it. Can't wait until Spring to drive it again.

04cobraken

Established Member
Thanks for all the great info guys. Looks like they are a good shop that does good work. Maybe I'll have to get brave and spin the 2.9 a little harder. Lol

BadSonicBlueSVT

Established Member
Do it an see what happens. They did mine 3 years ago 20.5 psi on 93 and made 674 rwhp. I've probably put 8000 miles on this setup with no issues.

04cobraken

Established Member
Thanks for the info on BB&T. I'll try to touch base with them and maybe they can decipher the machine shop sheets that I have.

Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread