Anyone else with a '10 and KR axle-back run into this?

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
I just installed the FRRP M-5320-SA "KR" Axle back Exhaust on my 2010. Just wondering something that seems odd-

On my 2008 car, when I did the KR's, both my stock axle-back as well as the KR's had that "nub" on the pipe from the front and the "u-groove" on the muffler side where that nub went into to keep alignment perfect.

On my 2010, I noticed that the "nub" was just sitting against the edge of the pipe on both sides, nowhere near that "u groove". There would be no way that you could line those two up, the mufflers would be sitting sideways.
When I went to install the KR's, it was the same thing; that u-groove was not close to where the nub is. I put the KR's on exactly like the stockers were, they line up right and there's no rattles, but it seems strange that those "lock together" devices are not close to being where they should be, and it's the same on both sides. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same situation?

As for the mufflers themselves, they sound so sweet!!! And with the different OD ratios in the 2010, at cruise the car is quieter than my '08 was, but when you get on it, it sounds PERFECT!! :rockon:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
i know they are different as you mention...

Question- how do they look out back? I thought they need to be longer for the '10 's

did you not see this?

any pics?

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
i know they are different as you mention...

Question- how do they look out back? I thought they need to be longer for the '10 's

did you not see this?

any pics?

I am aware of that. There is a different part number for the '10 cars
2010 Shelby GT500 FR500S Muffler Kit at Blue Oval Industries for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries

They are different than the '08, which takes the M-5230-S.
The '10 version are painted black, and yes, they have the extended tips. They look perfect, and the black blends in with the rear valance.
Sorry if I was not clear on that. I did not take the KR's off my '08 to put them on my '10. I started with the new KR's for my '10...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread