Anyone have their car repainted???

WDW MKR

Established Member
If you are quoted a cheap black paint job and the painter isn't a close personal friend, look elsewhere. I've seen what even middle-of-the-road looks like with black paint jobs and it isn't pretty.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
jcobra said:
Thanks guys, I dont need any body work and the paint isnt that bad as the car only has 4k miles on it. I did a full detail on it a few weeks ago with the PC and it looks really good, but its not perfect and im anal.
Have you considered having the car professionally color sanded and polished?

$7-8K for just a paint job??... ok I just got mine back from P & B and here's what they did for just a shade over $8000:

New OEM front & rear bumper covers, new front fender/wheelwell and quarter panel (welded on obviously), new door skin, new headlight & support and a few other misc pieces and labor. Every panel on the car was painted black except the driver's door. Car looks amazing, better than new. So I really think it's just a matter of finding the right shop.

Last edited:

mork678

Established Member
How about a different color?

Just curious ow about changing colors on the car example black to white?
same price or little more?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
mork678 said:
Just curious ow about changing colors on the car example black to white? same price or little more?
That will definitely be more because it's a lot more labor to paint all the little stuff inside and out.

jcobra

Established Member
What about having it wet sanded and re-cleared. Or will the clear eventually chip because it wasnt able to dry with the paint.

mustangmike01

Established Member
I just payed 3k to paint the engine bay and all underneath my car black, 3 coats.

My car is laser red, The shop wanted 4k to pull off the Roush body kit and paint it with the bumpers and a new hood. I have not done it yet. I was thinking of having them paint 2 layers of clear coat. What do you guys think? Or should I just paint the whole car over?

mrose75

Established Member
My wife got our DD honda repainted the same color for $1500. And it's far from a show quality shine. So I'd expect it to be up there for a better than new paint job. And changing the color definately will cost more. And going from black to white is probably a paint change that requires the most work as you're going from one extreme of the color spectrum to the other.

MVPJEFF106

Boosted PoPo
Established Member
ok, having a family owned Auto Body shop for over 45 years, this is what you're looking at: To re-paint, EVERYTHING, the "RIGHT" way (Take off ALL moldings, Full Prep, full Booth Cure, Several coats of high quality Clear, and replace all non-re-useable moldings and emblems at at MINIMUM $7,000 That's all depending on the Black you choose also, some have metallic in them, some have a slight pearl coat, more options means more layers of paint, and more expensive mixing agents. If someone wanted this paint job, which we have done many times ( we own and completely restore antique cars), I would make sure the owner understood the delicacy of the paint job, and the proper storage, and that there are natural occurances that can ruin it (Stones, Someone with Jeans leaning on the car, Parking Lots, etc). Basically, my point is being if you want "The" paint job, only do it on a show car, or a garage queen that rarely gets driven. You can get a "Good" paint job for the 4-5 range that will look pretty much the same to any average joe, that won't hurt when you need a new paint repair and blend. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread