Anyone own a victory motorcycle?

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a new motorcycle, I have been riding custom (chopper) motorcycles for years and jut getting tired of the feel. I've been going on longer rides with big groups and family and they can ride for hours where a custom hard tail with a big back tire isn't the most comfortable thing. So anyway I came across victory jackpots, which still have that cool custom look but are supposed to be very smooth. I'm just wondering about the quality though as they seem to be cheaper then it's competitor harleys line up of screaming eagle bikes. I love everything about them though 6 speed trans, 106 cu in motor, still that sound I like, big back tire and most of all they are for cruising comfortbly with passenger if need be. Anyw let me know pros, cons or otherwise about them if you have one or have rode one compared to harleys. Here is a pic of what I'm looking into right now. Thanks

threebikes3.jpg

threebikes010.jpg

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
very badass looking bike! I'm personally looking at the Nightrods myself lately. Have no personal experience with the Victory bikes, but have heard nothing bad about them either.

prostkr

Established Member
I kinda miss my Yamaha Raider. It was a great bike. You might want to look at one of them. All of the non Harley cruisers have come a long way in the last few years.

th_046.jpg

mach1won

Established Member
I'd take the raider that you can barley see in the pic over the victory ANY day! Although the jackpot is a good looking machine.

bumplime

Established Member
Before I bought my Raider I was close to buying a Vegas Jackpot. Test ride them both if you can. The yamaha is by far the better feeling bike. Ride is noticeably smoother, way way more power, the brakes work very well. There isn't quite the aftermarket parts for the Raider as the Vics but there are still plenty of parts out there.
My other problem with the Victory line is that all of there bikes look very similar. Personal preference I guess. If you want a true Cruiser look at their Vision. One thing I found while researching the Vics is they take customer service seriously, I rarely found an unsatisfied customer. The Vic forums are great info sources.

I remember reading a "shootout" between the Raider, Vegas, and Harley Rocker back when I bought my bike. The conclusion line summed it up quite well. The Raider is the school yard bully, it pushes the Vegas around with ease an all but bitch slaps the Rocker.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Don't own one myself. But the d-bag, ebonics using, asshat across the aisle from me at work does. If he's any indication of the type of person that owns them, I'd stay away.

Last edited:

ff500

Established Member
Victory makes a nice bike, pretty sure they come with a decent warranty too! I've owned a few HD's a lowrider and a duece.

I'm saving up for this bike, 700 Hp and I can take my friends for a ride.

iphone403.jpg

94venomV8

Established Member
Thanks guys, I dont have anything against yamahas and that raider does look pretty nice, but honestly the victory plant is about 1 hour away from me and they are made and assembled right here. That really holds alot for me. you have to understand Im coming from a background of ALL Harley, and my Dad and uncles still have them as well as all the people I ride with. I dont feel like hearing the noise everyday I ride with them about it. I love that victorys are american made yet your not paying for the name like Harley.

bumplime

Established Member
The best part of listening to a Harley owner talk shit about the Raider is when you laugh your way to a new ride without overpaying, whip their tails in a race, and can ride comfortably for hours on end. But hey everyone has their reasons for their purchases. The Victory is certainly a nice bike

F8L BYT

Established Member
My father has a victory 8 ball that he has owned for years, it is a 2008. I have ridden it many times and i love the way it rides and so does he. He was a lot like you when he was looking at bikes in that he wanted one that had that "harley sound but refused to pay for the overpriced tag they come with. He test rode many import bikes and none compared to the victory he said and thats what made his decision. He has had it since 08 and bought it brand new and has not had a single problem out of it, I mean he hasnt had to replace anything what so ever.

I say go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread