Anyone running Borla Stinger on their '99/'01 or Mach?

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Looking at doing exhaust soon and have heard great things about these on the '03s.. just wondering if our cars are seeing good results? I know they won't produce similar #s as the '03s but....

and btw.. I would search, but it's not working..

01svtbra

Established Member
Mine are on the way. Bought them off ebay for $450. They look awesome. Can't wait to put them on next weekend.:rockon:

motorCITY

Established Member
Great Choice w/the Stingers!

Had them installed a couple weeks ago. Sound great and looks nice. I went from stock, so I can't make any personal comparisons with other aftermarket catbacks.

I also (same time) had my LT Headers installed and O/R X-Pipe installed. Needless to say, I got a lot of "new sound" when I got back from the shop.

When I was shopping around, I never could find any good/close up pics of the Borla Stingers. So when mine arrived, first thing I did was post pics over at StangNet: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=437266

Sorry no sound clips yet. I have to say, I love'em! Good Luck.

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
I installed my Stingers a couple months ago. They sound and look fantastic. I had Flows on before and these have no drone at all compared to the Flows :rolling:

DSCobra01

Established Member
I've had the Stingers on the Cobra since January and I love them too. Just the right sound I was looking for and I get compliments from everyone that hears it. :rockon:

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by DSCobra01
I've had the Stingers on the Cobra since January and I love them too. Just the right sound I was looking for and I get compliments from everyone that hears it. :rockon:

Did you have any sound clips or video?

DSCobra01

Established Member
Actually, I had a whole bunch of videos posted here on the boards a few months ago, but I had to take them down because I needed the webspace for something else. I'll see if I can make some room and put up atleast one of the vids that I have.

FYI, because I bought the Stingers when they were fairly new, there weren't too many people who had this exhaust that I could listen to, especially on the 2001s. I tried my best to get an impression of them by listening to clips of the Stingers on the 03s and decided to go for it. There were so many satisfied customers out there that I took a chance and I was happy that I did.

Yes, they are loud but it's a good loud. The are not crackly or poppy and have a nice bark to them. And when you need them to quiet down somewhat, they can do that too. Inside the car is still very bearable to talk to the person next to you and as mentioned before there's only a slight hint of "drone" between 1800 and 2100 RPM.

This is the way Cobras should have come from the factory IMHO. I'm the only one in my club with the Stingers and I get compliments all the time. Plus it's great being different and hearing "Damn those are huge pipes!" all the time. :-D

motorCITY

Established Member
MineralGSVT - no prob w/the pics. As far as the price goes . . . man, good luck. I was watching quite a few different sites to see when/if their prices would drop. I lucked out w/PerformanceCenter.com -- I got them on sale. Here are some I watched pretty close. These are from a few months ago, so forgive me if any of the info is invalid:

Summit:
$591.95 + shipping

AJUSUA.com:
$591.97 (includes Shipping)

BTperformance1:
$550 (includes shipping)

centuryperformance.com
$661

hopupracing.com
$590 (includes shipping)

Husker High Performance
$590

JEGS.com
$661 + oversize fee

performance.auto-parts-wholesale.com
$684.83 (free shipping - same database)

proficientperformance.com
$648

socalmotorsports.com

ThePartsBin.com
$684.83 (free shipping - same database)

thunderracing.com
$599.99 (shipping info not available)

Also, remember to double check the Borla Stinger part number when ordering. You'll want part #140052 (some of those places used their internal part number and was for different setup).

:-D DSCobra01 -- Very Nice lookin snake - sounds damn'near like mine! :-D

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Were those clips taken with just the catback? Was the stock h-pipe still on there? Thanks

Sounds great!

DSCobra01

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I would have made the clips longer but I couldn't figure out the whole compression thing to make the videos as smaller files. One day when I have more time to sit down with it, I'll figure it out.

And yes, my clips that I posted were just of the Stinger Catback and the stock H-pipe. I could only imagine how loud it must sound with an aftermarker mid pipe or even long tubes. For now this is good enough for me and a vast improvement over the stock system. I got mine from Xtreme Motorsports in AZ for $549 shipped. That was the best price I could find back in January for the IRS version. I think they sold the non-IRS version (for Mach 1s and GTs) for $449 shipped at the time.

Good luck to anyone looking to go with the Stingers. You'll love them. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread