article

lvecobras

Established Member
hi, this is my first time posting here and i think this website is a godsend. i love reading the threads and articles that are posted. anyway to the point i dont know if anyone has seen the disturbing article i read on the website www.blueovalnews.com its headed by "finance,focus and the fate of fords special vehicle team" i think everyone needs to read it and post a reply and see what everyone thinks about it.

cobralightning

Established Member
Intersting article

I follow Ford's finances mainly out of curiosity -- I don't own their stock. There have been several articles in the press lately, including the Wall Street Journal, that talk about how Ford has fallen behind in development cycle time. The WSJ article mentions that the new strategy in Ford product development will basically be "Copy as much as you can and develop new only what you have to."

That would seem to be the case with what your article describes.

SVT is a premier group within the Ford organization. High profile, and probably a big juicy target when times get tough and corporate belt tightening begins.

I work for a large corporation that is going through some consolidation. One of the first cost cutting targets are the "shared services," of which engineering is one. The logic always goes, "Why duplicate our efforts and our overhead?" :bash:

In my opinion the net effect is that the talent pool gets diluted by the consolidation, and a great performing team gets dragged down to the average.

I plan on holding onto my SVT's for a while. I sincerely hope that it is not the case, but we may find that the current Lightning and Cobra are going to be the high-water mark in SVT history. Kinda like the Boss Mustangs were in the late '60s.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...we may find that the current Lightning and Cobra are going to be the high-water mark in SVT history.

I certainly hope not...

davidmax

Established Member
I have shorted Ford stock for a 2 year period and Ironically made enough $$$$$$ to buy 2 Cobras.Why save your money when Detroit makes cars.Dave S.

cobralightning

Established Member
Stock wise -- I don't know. Lots of folks out there trying to pay down debt rather than buy cars right now. I'm still wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread