As if 1 project wasnt enough... Starting a new one!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I decided I NEEDED a somewhat dedicated track car. After owing a bunch of roll racing cars (basically every single one of my vettes...) or highway racers, due to my lack of motivation to actually build a vette properly for drag racing. That, and I don't want to spend the money, I wanted something cheaper and easier to work on that would actually be a better platform for drag racing.

So, my ZR1 will be the roll racing street car.. That wont ever see a day at the drag strip because I will just embarrass myself, and my next project is going to be a turbo LSX fox body. I've got a few lined up to look at tonight and tomorrow. The goal is to run mid 9's or faster. I'm looking to buy a very clean car to start out with. Doesn't matter if its a roller or running. IK, its a LSX swap on a ford site, but cut me some slack. :lol1:

Its going to be street driven and I plan on running it at the LSX shootout in the true street class.

I was talking to a few friends today about it and running some ideas past them. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, just couldn't convince myself to actually do it.

Plan is.

418ci LSX engine
Single 72mm turbo
TH400
Ford 9in
93 octane for street driving then race gas for the track
full suspension/cage
TONS of weight reduction (keeping the interior carpeted, vinyl, etc). Don't want it to look gutted, but still have a clean appearance and I will have 2 seats up front

If anything, I plan on taking it to the LSX Shootout to beat up on fbodies with a mustang. :shrug:. Should be funny enough.

As soon as I get started on the car, I will post up a build thread here. :beer:

My94GT

Established Member
my question is, do you really need the 9 inch rear? plenty of people run high power cars on a built 8.8 and if im not mistaken you would save yourself some weight from the rear, as well as having a direct bolt in part.

as for the LSx swap, who cares. i look forward to this build, do you have a build thread for your ZR1?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
my question is, do you really need the 9 inch rear? plenty of people run high power cars on a built 8.8 and if im not mistaken you would save yourself some weight from the rear, as well as having a direct bolt in part.

as for the LSx swap, who cares. i look forward to this build, do you have a build thread for your ZR1?

No build thread for it. Its at a shop. Corvettes scare me. lol. Too much work for a garage. I plan on doing the fox body in my best friends garage for the most part. A lot simpler than a vette to work on. I still obviously would care about doing it right, but I wanted to make sure my ZR1 was in better hands due to the value of it. lol. I'll post up the dyno videos and results when its done. Hoping for 800rwhp. Cam/heads/ported blower/full bolt-ons, E85 conversion, built RPM Transmission and rear diff, axles, then I'm going to be messaging TF soon for some wheels. The turbo setup and cage I will be bringing the car to a fabrication shop for the fox body. Everything else I plan on just doing in my friends garage with him on his lift so I will be able to post daily updates.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Should be good, I know with your past vettes you didn't mess around.

You should have just put a turbo LSx in the bronco, that would make people go home sad and depressed.

coposrv

Established Member
I'm just curious. What do you do for work OP? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but you have a bad ass fleet of cars. I may be wrong but I thought you were a younger guy too?

The new build sounds awesome btw.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I'm just curious. What do you do for work OP? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but you have a bad ass fleet of cars. I may be wrong but I thought you were a younger guy too?

He is a man whore.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Any reason you're not going to run a bigger turbo? I'd be looking for at least a 76-80mm. 72mm is kinda small for those cubes. I saw there was a guy with a 4xxci LSX on Tech building a roll racer foxbody with two 72mm turbos.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

I'm wondering the same thing.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

I own a small but very profitable business in the summer. I clean the exteriors of houses and restore them. siding, brick, concrete, vinyl, decks, gutters, shutters, etc. Exterior home restorations, Small operation, but I have 4 full time employees. but I do a lot of commercial work too. I also clean windows, remove acid stains from windows, funguses from the exterior of houses, etc. Learned a lot of it from my father, then took it over when he couldn't do it anymore. I also do sidewalks, patios, etc. I bought his equipment from him and expanded it. He was old and didn't want to do it anymore and was turning down business because he didn't want to or need to work as much. During the summer I work from 8am-6pm everyday for at least 6 days a week and for the past years, from March - October I made on average $95K, then in the winter I snow plow and hire other drivers to plow under contracts too per trip. I made another $30K last year from flipping a 32 ford. I like working and do as much as I can. I even detail cars for people a few times a month. Putting my business degree to good use.

Pays good and its a pretty good business to be in. :thumbsup:

But yea, I'm turning 24 this year. Still have a long way to go.

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
^^^Awesome work man. I just quit my full time job in October to help manage my families electrical firm. It's a risk but hopefully will be worth it. Hard work does pay off. Best of luck although it sounds like you don't need it.

Derail over.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Should be good, I know with your past vettes you didn't mess around.

You should have just put a turbo LSx in the bronco, that would make people go home sad and depressed.

Thanks man. I miss my bronco already. :lol1:

Good news Mike! I bet LSX fox will be a beast!

Thanks matt. You'll have to come here and race eachother in the 2 cars. :beer:

He is a man whore.

That always my full time job. lol :lol:

Any reason you're not going to run a bigger turbo? I'd be looking for at least a 76-80mm. 72mm is kinda small for those cubes. I saw there was a guy with a 4xxci LSX on Tech building a roll racer foxbody with two 72mm turbos.

I'll have to look into it. Didnt want to go too big, but I don't want to leave anything on the table either. :beer:

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
^^^Awesome work man. I just quit my full time job in October to help manage my families electrical firm. It's a risk but hopefully will be worth it. Hard work does pay off. Best of luck although it sounds like you don't need it.

Derail over.

Thanks man. Good luck to you as well. :beer:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats keep us updated post pics when you get one/get started what are you looking for a hatch or notch? Also post a video or pic when the ZR1 is done sounds sick.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

No pictures :(

Reading through it, seems like a ****ing sick build!!

Congrats keep us updated post pics when you get one/get started what are you looking for a hatch or notch? Also post a video or pic when the ZR1 is done sounds sick.

Thanks man, I'm looking for a hatch. And I will make sure to post up some professional photos of both with some models, as well as videos. :beer:

And now I have to go slam my dick in the fridge door to get rid of this boner I have.

Thanks!

LMAO!!!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread