AS you all know

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
I just recently did a 6r80 swap to my Roushcharged 2013 mustang. I do have no abs and traction control but hey it makes the drive a hell of a lot funnier lol. The stock drive shaft fits and the 2011-2012 ECU's will be comparable with the 2013 just only thing U will be missing is the air fuel, cylinder head temp digital guage because the 2012 ECU I have dosnt have the 2013 features. My track app works and gauges.

sadly while driving and I got on the car I was in d3 and smacked the red line then went to D, my car pulled hard but it threw the engine light
cylinder 8 was misfiring and 6 7 and 8 cylinder won't hold compression. The idle is very rough, and all the spark plugs didn't look bad. There was massive blow by tho, the tvs has oil in it and the intake. The ilde makes a metal to metal/popping noise and is misfiring. Anyone have guessed or possibly know what happened internally? What's going on?

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Stock engine? If so I guess the positive is that you now get to build the engine like it should have been from the get go.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Lmao. It's toast, that's what is going on. No compression on 3 cylinders, lots of blow by, metal on metal "popping" at idle....you probably torched/cracked your ringlands. Time to pull it out and rebuild.

KPatrone

Established Member
Torched my motor after my 6r80 swap as well. Did you reflash the new ECU after install for the blower, mods, etc? I wasn't able to load a tune for my o/r pipe and I believe that is what lead to my failure (was getting like 10-11mpg instead of close to 20, rough idle, etc)
Engine builders are getting a lot of business lately...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Hmmm melted pistons...

What was the full combo? What fuel was ran? Fuel system? BAP? Whos tune?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread