Assembly line Documentary! Really cool to watch.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Someone posted this on Corral..

[youtube_browser]eUUEYMzWGHw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]1ERIhXJ1hF4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]3P0Sma4MSI0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]GYdPwCqc1X8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Very cool! The 90's "instructional video music" really brings me back... Thanks for sharing bro.

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
Really cool but what I have always wondered is how they add all the fluids? Bleeding brakes, burping the coolant, etc.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Really cool but what I have always wondered is how they add all the fluids? Bleeding brakes, burping the coolant, etc.

Things like the rear end will already have fluid in them. The rest of the drivetrain obviously gets its fluids before the body goes on

mustang3X

Established Member
And when cursing at a bolt that is impossible to get to remember these vids and that cars are engineered primarily for ease of assembly.

There are standards for accessibility as cars have to be repaired, but these are always a secondary consideration.

laddanator

Established Member
I like how in the second day video, the narrator explains to us why those ladies are wearing the white caps in the pre paint section because not one single hair can get on the metal of the car before paint and the lady on the driver side rear has more hair sticking out of the cap than she has in the cap. :)

cobra-boss

Established Member
I was in one of the last groups to tour through Dearborn Assembly plant back in Feb/Mar of 04. About 3 weeks after our tour they closed the plant and moved over to Flat rock. They had the last 04 cobra on display, burgundy with black top vert, it was bought by the plant manger.

Jim

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I like how in the second day video, the narrator explains to us why those ladies are wearing the white caps in the pre paint section because not one single hair can get on the metal of the car before paint and the lady on the driver side rear has more hair sticking out of the cap than she has in the cap. :)

Haha yup I noticed that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread