Autoblog reviews the hellcat

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
First time looking at the interior, yea it's meh. But, not like people will be buying this car for creature comforts.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i suppose we were due another Hellcat thread, it's been a few days.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I'm sorry, how does it undercut the GT500 by 5,000? base was 55K and with the options I got it was 59K out the door.

Roll on the power, yea 275 tires in the rear might be an issue, lol

It's still gonna sell well and do very well. If I got one first mod would be some 315 drag radials

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I just read the Motortrend one, they only got it to go a 12.0 @ 117 though at PIR. I wonder what the DA was?

Sounds like what I thought it would be, the fast in a straight line but doesn't like corners.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I just read the Motortrend one, they only got it to go a 12.0 @ 117 though at PIR. I wonder what the DA was?

Sounds like what I thought it would be, the fast in a straight line but doesn't like corners.
Here is an excerpt from the Hotrod article explaining.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/2015_dodge_challenger_srt_hellcat/

The biggest buzz about the Hellcat has been its quarter-mile times. Dodge released a video earlier this month showing the Challenger SRT running a 10.80 ET on slicks, and 11.20s on street tires. We can say with some certainty that those numbers weren’t run on the unprepped front straight of PIR in 90-degree weather. After watching some of our fellow journalists turn their launches into tire-smoking slaloms around invisible cones, we decided to go for the delicate approach to our run. Once again, there were no timers, but the SRT has a built-in e.t. recorder which we’ve tested in the past and found to be close, if not exact. We brought the car to barely off-idle (about 1,200 rpm) and applied the throttle with the same caution as you’d use while walking barefoot in the dark through a room full of Legos. We didn’t have the car fully floored until after the second gear shift. Result? 12 flat at 118 mph. We have no problem believing this thing could run low 11s on a real track. Of course, we won’t leave it at that. Check back with us soon, ‘cause we plan to get one of these babies for some real testing as soon as possible. Think of this as a taster, don’t you want more?

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
This car needs 345's. Wonder when they will install factory drag radials?

oldmodman

Established Member
And how long will it be before one is actually sold at list?

I bet the dealers are just rubbing their hands together in glee. Saying "finally, something we can make some added dealer profit on!"

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member

I bet the dealers are just rubbing their hands together in glee. Saying "finally, something we can make some added dealer profit on!"
Probably never if the reported 1200 unit production run is true. Can't blame Dodge for dealers adding ADM to the MSRP

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Is anyone really surprised they ran a 12?

I'm going to guess these will be the manual version and average driver times.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Is anyone really surprised they ran a 12?

I'm going to guess these will be the manual version and average driver times.
I think the DA is crazy high there... so low 12's at 118 is moving.

Love that green, if I were getting one it would be that color.

dom418

Established Member

Ford dealers have been trying to bend over consumers for years so why not dodge?

Users who are viewing this thread