bad vibration on my 2001 f-350

Rickabod

Representin' Da U.P.
Established Member
i have a bad vibration when i'm around 35-55mph, goes away a little as i go faster or let off the gas. it's a 01' 350 with 7.3 and 4x4. could this be a u joint issue?

fast ford brian

Established Member
Welcome to the wobble. Start with the carrier bearing in the rear driveshaft (if you have a 2 piece ) and the u joints , check your tie rods and ball joints, get your tires re balanced,check the shocks .Good luck !

tj04cobra

Established Member
Welcome to the wobble. Start with the carrier bearing in the rear driveshaft (if you have a 2 piece ) and the u joints , check your tie rods and ball joints, get your tires re balanced,check the shocks .Good luck !

Excellent point on the "death wobble" if he is feeling it in the steering wheel. If so, also check the track bar to see if it is worn out. That will cause vibration/wobble as well.

Alot of times tho with the 7.3 the vibration is going to come from thedriveshaft/carrier bearing as stated from fast ford brian. How many miles are on the truck OP? It might be time to go thru and do the things mentioned above.

Last edited:

Rickabod

Representin' Da U.P.
Established Member
very low, it's not even broke in yet! bought it in early 09 with only 27,000 miles on it. it sat around a lot obviously. just replaced a brake line the other day, it rusted out from just sitting over the years i'm guessing. my biggest fight is rust, trying to keep the body in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread