Baer 6 Piston Brake Upgrade for 13" Rotors-Free Shipping

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^^ how long is the deal going on for?

Till Baer tells us we can't sell them for that price anymore....

$1250 is a smoken deal. How much for the 6R 14" caliper?

Baer offers hard anodizing which makes for a hard piston bore surface

Baer6Rcaliperon14Wilwood2.jpg

The 6S/R Caliper will not work with the stock 13" rotors. The rotors used for the 6S/R calipers are thicker than the 6P which uses a stock thickness type rotor. Hard anodizing is an extra $100 per axle.

Actually looking at a different picture, I don't think they are the same thing I was looking for. I think its a little different, I'm looking for "arizona copper". Is this available?
brake.jpg

I just spoke to Baer and they don't offer the anodized colors any more because they had durability issues with them when subjected to heat... with the addition of what I showed above this is what they also have

4262113-6.jpg

4262113-5.jpg

4262113-11.gif

4262113-10.gif

4262113-9.gif

4262113-8.gif

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Is this pic. confirmation that they fit under an OEM offset wheel without a spacer being used? Any graphics with dimesions of the caliper available? Thanks!

+1 Never heard of a 6 piston caliper for our cars that fits under our oem 17s

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Here are pictures of them behind my customer's 2003 Cobra 17" wheels who open track's every month at Laguna Seca... I just asked him to send over the pics of the Baer brakes behind his 17" wheel.

BTW, here are his comments to me when he sent me the pictures today

"Hi Mike,

Please find attached two pictures of my Baer Brakes. The kit fits well the 17 inch wheel standard wheel as well as my CCW racing tires. The only "challenge" is, the brakes will not fit the spare tire :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,"

Here's a link to his car
Browse Album :: Tomas's 04 Cobra

baercobra2.jpg

baer6pcobra.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Gonna go with the silver myself. With it already dark in the area I don't want black. I want those puppies to be seen. So no black and really no other color that would look good on CO. The silver should look really good and maybe I will change the Baer logo to CO.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Gonna go with the silver myself. With it already dark in the area I don't want black. I want those puppies to be seen. So no black and really no other color that would look good on CO. The silver should look really good and maybe I will change the Baer logo to CO.

The reason my customer went with black is he DOES NOT WASH HIS CAR! I told him to stick to black!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
All braking systems will do that... you won't find a set of brakes that has a pad large enough to hit the whole pad surface.
Plus you can use inexpensive 13" rotors :)
I'll see if I can get a picture for you
6pmustcalrsilver_1.jpg

"All braking systems will do that..."
All------ No
Most--- eh maybe
Many--- possibly

modsNstuff46.jpg

ModNstuff47.jpg

The 2000 Cobra R calipers and my Focus RS 4 piston Brembo calipers and pad type use "more" of the "fire path", but probably not "all".

Lighter area where my finger is pointing is where the OE PBR Cobra caliper pads would not use and the Brembo now does.

Just want to clear up any possible confusion about rotor/pad swept area or rotor/fire path coverage.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Baer 6 Piston Brake Upgrade for 13" Rotors-$1249.99
*Includes Free Shipping to any address in the continental USA!
*Available in Black, Red, or Silver!
*Uses the stock 13" Cobra rotor!
*Fits under many 17" wheels

0% Financing available for up to 6 months!

bae6p2.jpg

6pmust_1_2.jpg

Are you looking for a GREAT brake upgrade package but want to retain your stock sized wheels? This great package works with all 1994-2004 Mustangs with the 13" Cobra/ Mach 1/ Bullitt front brakes with 13" rotors. This easy to install kit from Baer will convert your existing 13", twin piston caliper front brake system into a Baer 6P brake system.

The 6P brake system delivers increased driver control and more immediate onset. Staggered bore sizes minimize pad taper. Designed for optimal performance, yet weighs just 6.5 pounds!

Includes:
-2x Baer 6P Calipers
-Baer Sport Touring brake pads
-Anti-rattle pad abutment shims
-Bnjo bolts and crush washers
-Mounting brackets
-All additional hardware needed for installation

*Will only fit Mustangs that already have 13" front brakes.
*May not work with Stock wheels.

*SiGh* i want these soooo BAD. i wish i had the $ for them, right now.

well...i guess you guys could always send me a set, then i can take lots of pics, and vids of them in action, then go post it all over the internet, telling everyone how great they are...along with a link to your shop/where to get them, of course!! =] :rockon:

hey....a guy can dream, cant he? =]~

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
$1250 is a smoken deal. How much for the 6R 14" caliper?

Baer offers hard anodizing which makes for a hard piston bore surface

Baer6Rcaliperon14Wilwood2.jpg

I would like to know as well how much these go for.. Mike you mentioned on SVTOA they didn't make them for a mustang.. I know that they do, is there anyway you can look into it a bit more?? This is the setup I truely want. :beer:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would like to know as well how much these go for.. Mike you mentioned on SVTOA they didn't make them for a mustang.. I know that they do, is there anyway you can look into it a bit more?? This is the setup I truely want. :beer:

Chris,

I spoke to Baer yesterday about this and they do not make a 6R/S that will work on the stock rotor. The 6R/S uses a thicker rotor than the 6P. The 6P uses a stock thickness type rotor.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Chris,

I spoke to Baer yesterday about this and they do not make a 6R/S that will work on the stock rotor. The 6R/S uses a thicker rotor than the 6P. The 6P uses a stock thickness type rotor.

I think both these guys are talking about moving up to the 14 inch rotors.

SlowSVT

Established Member
whats za "fire path"? :uh oh:

..........and all this time I thought I knew everything :nonono:

I do recall my pads on my rear brake on my liter bike would spark off the titanium disc :coolman:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Chris,

Oh yea I knew that. I already have a 14'' front brake kit on my car with the Alcon type B caliper.. I guess I should have asked how much is the 6R kit including rotors and how much for just the caliper upgrade with no rotor? :beer:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Oh yea I knew that. I already have a 14'' front brake kit on my car with the Alcon type B caliper.. I guess I should have asked how much is the 6R kit including rotors and how much for just the caliper upgrade with no rotor? :beer:

Chris

If I recall correctly the hard anodized 14" baer 6R Mustang (calipers only) kit cost me about $3200 (ouch!). Add the slotted Wilwood's makes it an even 4 bills :nonono:

Makes one wonder why the 13" vesion cost $2000 less :dw::cuss::fm::bash::shrug::smmon::kaboom::nonono::xpl::cryying:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Chris

If I recall correctly the hard anodized 14" baer 6R Mustang (calipers only) kit cost me about $3200 (ouch!). Add the slotted Wilwood's makes it an even 4 bills :nonono:

Makes one wonder why the 13" vesion cost $2000 less :dw::cuss::fm::bash::shrug::smmon::kaboom::nonono::xpl::cryying:

GEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! Yea that's bank!!! I knew that was your car with the picture lol. I figured it was as you sent it to me before. Well I'm coming up on new rotors soon I'm sure. This is my current setup and I don't know if I can get the rings for my rotors anymore :(

2012-01-12_18-01-55_129.gif

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
GEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! Yea that's bank!!! I knew that was your car with the picture lol. I figured it was as you sent it to me before. Well I'm coming up on new rotors soon I'm sure. This is my current setup and I don't know if I can get the rings for my rotors anymore :(

2012-01-12_18-01-55_129.gif

The Baer extreme are mucho denero I'm sure we can still get rings for your rotors. Ill look into it for you. Do you have 14 or 13 rotors? Icant tell right now since I'm on my phone

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea those bitchs were expensive back in the day. I believe they are 14'' rotors.. I could be wrong though. Everyone that looks at them says 14''.. When I had the wheel off it was a pain in the ass to try to measure because it was still on the spindle.. But I'm pretty sure they are 14'' and if not they are the ones inbetween the 13 and 14.. All I'm looking for is the slotted not drilled rotors too btw :)

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member

Here are pictures of them behind my customer's 2003 Cobra 17" wheels who open track's every month at Laguna Seca... I just asked him to send over the pics of the Baer brakes behind his 17" wheel.

BTW, here are his comments to me when he sent me the pictures today

"Hi Mike,

Please find attached two pictures of my Baer Brakes. The kit fits well the 17 inch wheel standard wheel as well as my CCW racing tires. The only "challenge" is, the brakes will not fit the spare tire :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,"

Here's a link to his car
Browse Album :: Tomas's 04 Cobra

baercobra2.jpg

baer6pcobra.jpg

Any chance your contact above can take a measurement in milimeters from the outer rotor face to the outer face of the caliper, basically the standoff of the caliper from the rotor face? I'm trying to fit these behind some BBS RK's and the Brembo Focus RS' didn't fit by a wide margin. I have about 10 mm beyond the stock calipers to work with. Also what's the return policy in case I wanna try fitment? Thanks for all your attention the the questions in this thread, big help for sure!!

Users who are viewing this thread